Status
Not open for further replies.

flarn2006

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is admittedly not a very useful homebrew, but I just made it for fun. Basically you can run it on someone's 3DS and it simulates the screen that appears when it's bricked, so you can scare them. :lol:

nM8mSVg.png

I created this using Steveice10's Homebrew Template (https://github.com/Steveice10/3DSHomebrewTemplate) and I didn't change the readme or anything, in case you're confused.

This includes the source code as well as all the standard binary formats (in the "output" folder). Let me know if you prank someone with this; I'd be curious how they react!

Download (or download the old version that doesn't look as realistic, if you really want to for some reason)

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neat. Honestly though, I think nintendo should have just gone with a blinking screen and power button instead of a blue screen of death.

flarn2006

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neat. Honestly though, I think nintendo should have just gone with a blinking screen and power button instead of a blue screen of death.
Why? It wouldn't be as useful for determining the problem.

Though they don't really seem to be too interested in that; the built-in error screens only display an error code without any explanation of what it means in some cases, and sometimes it doesn't even give you that. No idea why.

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's all we got on the NES.

It wouldn't be as useful for determining the problem.
Though they don't really seem to be too interested in that; the built-in error screens only display an error code without any explanation of what it means in some cases, and sometimes it doesn't even give you that. No idea why.
Somehwere, in a nintendo service center is a book of error codes. They're probably not meant for the consumer.

flarn2006

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's all we got on the NES.

Somehwere, in a nintendo service center is a book of error codes. They're probably not meant for the consumer.

They ought to publish it, to help people determine what's wrong with their 3DS easier. Let's not get too off-topic though.

Jhyrachy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wait a sec, should be possible to "run" this using SpiderRop?

Think about it, going to a friend home, open the browser, launch it and watch him screaming in pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Going.