Homebrew [RELEASE] DaedalusX64 (N64 Emulator)

Magic009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With some problems, but is playable.

Attachments

• 20200505_174648.jpg
    20200505_174648.jpg
    890.2 KB · Views: 193

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
@Psi-hate @MasterFeizz Has Quest 64 gotten any better? I imagine it now runs full speed in your latest version, but how's the rendering? Are there still glitchy graphics? Are you also working on the graphics engine, or only code optimization/compatibility right now? If you can get Quest 64 AND it's Japanese version Eltale Monsters working 100%, I will be very tempted to buy a N2DS just for this emulator.

Did anyone ever answer this? I'm bent on buying a N3DS, but the answer would help me decide in advance whether I should start saving for it now versus later.

Reactions: Stealphie

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did anyone ever answer this? I'm bent on buying a N3DS, but the answer would help me decide in advance whether I should start saving for it now versus later.
Have you checked the compatibility list? If yes and it's not there then I can take a look with my backup of it.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@MarcusCarter Just tested it and the game runs at a very decent fps with no frameskip enabled on a n3ds. It is currently unplayable as you can see in the image it is all black even though you'll see your character move around by the dust from him running. I was able to navigate to exiting a couple of doors but not exiting the monastery. The title screen was emulated well. Also you can see there are some issues with the text having a pink background instead of having a pink outlining, but I would call that minor compared to the rest.
Quest64.png

Last edited by Zense,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Same with Holy Magic Century (Quest 64 in Europe). You would buy a N2DS just to play Quest 64!?
Back in the days of the N64, people would save up their money for Ocarina of Time.:P

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using the cia version of the emulator and the no-intro dump of the original USA version (non rev a).

I've been trying to get it to load again but with no success so I'm not sure why it worked that one time.

Was Banjo Kazooie playable?

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Suggestions for future builds:

· original aspect ratio option
· turn lower screen off
· is it possible to avoid sound choppiness when frame rate is slow so our ears don't bleed? This is something typical of emulators · but I wonder if there's a way to improve it
· button mapping (currently Z -trigger- is X which is awkward)
· alphabetical order for roms
· in-game save feature

Regarding optimisation, that is obviously the most important matter. I asked how much optimisation do you guys think that can be achieved considering New 3DS limited power because I'm impressed with Super Mario 64 running almost fine when PSX and Virtual Boy games have so many issues on New 3DS (RetroArch).

I think that this is a great thing because N64 games look awesome on the 3DS screen and because the 3DS is compact and so... portable. So thank you, MasterFeizz. We are excited to see how far optimisation can go. :)

Last edited by Waveracer,

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MasterFeizz I noticed that the PSVita nightly has async audio, which Rinnegatamante tweeted about tonight. Is the implementation one that would work on the 3DS as well? Thanks.
I've already implemented async on my local branch. It provides a small fps increase in some places.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle