ROM Hack [Release] CPS Forwarder Creator

Dew2Nite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello new here, i've been following the this guide for most of this day and wanted to crate cia files for Megaman Power Battle and Power Fighters. I wanted to use the Japanese versions of the rom which i wanted to try out for myself. I managed to make Power Battle work, however for some reason I can't get Power Fighters to work and i constantly am getting an error for that game instead. I'm not sure what the problem is and would like to eventually figure this out.

Using the Power Fighters japanese folder, it required a parent folder labeled just "megaman" and when checking it literally asking for Power Battle as the Parent folder which seems incorrect as they're both very different games. Any help or advice is much appreciated

cubaliu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
WARNING: NEW 3DS ONLY
OLD 3DS IS TOO WEAK TO EMULATE CPS AT PLAYABLE SPEEDS

View attachment 92649

Current version: 1.5.3
FBA version: 0.2.97.29
v1.4.1
- initial release
- has the same functionality as my neogeo forwarder creator

v1.5
- added random product id and unique id generator. it generates a random code every time you select a rom.

v1.5.1
- fixed a bug where roms could ask for the wrong parent rom or roms that didn't needed a parent rom asked for one.

v1.5.2
- better code for parent rom checking, some games were still asking for a parent rom when wasn't needed.

v1.5.2B
- better way to tell if the game is a cps1 or cps2 title.

v1.5.2C
- slight tweak to the parent rom mechanism (hopefully the last).

v1.5.3
- turbo button technology™ added, it needs to be manually enabled from the button remapper.

Description:
With this tool you'll be able to make independent retroarch cias for your favorite CPS1 and CPS2 (but not CPS3) games using the Final Burn Alpha 2012 (0.2.97.29) CPS1 and CPS2 cores without having to install retroarch or anything besides the generated cia.

Usage:
It's pretty self explanatory, there is only one thing that isn't quite clear:
For CPS2 you'll need to copy the QSound bios (named "qsound.zip") in the same folder as this program, it isn't needed for CPS1 games.
The program will detect if the bios is usable and wont let you proceed if the bios is missing or incompatible.

Hi Saki, now that the current 3ds fbalpha 2012 core has already supported cps3 games (a little slow in 3ds retroarch, have no idea how to set & adjust). Would you be able to update your forward merged with the latest fba core and make the cps3 games work smoothly? Thanks man!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.