[Release] Cave Story 3DS enhanced hell

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Sakitoshi, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Sakitoshi
    OP

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    For the 3 of you that played Cave Story on a DSi you may remember that the sanctuary time attack was different and quite superior to the version available on Cave Story on 3DS or Cave Story+ on steam.
    So I went ahead and ported the maps of the DSi sanctuary time attack to the 3DS version of the game.

Differences:
    3DS: Lack of snake, machine gun, super missiles and pot of life. Black background and missing missile expansion/missile launcher before miniboss (big press).
    cs_3ds_tt_start.png

DSi: Snake, machine gun, super missiles and pot of life available. Hell background and missile expansion/missile launcher before miniboss (big press) restored.
    cs_dsi_tt_start.png

How to use:
    You just need a decrypted cia of Cave Story (you can use godmode9 or decrypt9 to decrypt it).
    I created this patch using the USA version, it should be compatible with the EUR version too but I haven't tested.

Tools used:
    3dstool, ctrtool and makerom.​

Last edited by Sakitoshi, Jul 21, 2017
  2. HamBone41801

HamBone41801 K35

Jan 16, 2017
    United States
    nice. never played cave story. is it really that fun?

3. Sinon

Sinon The Wolf Girl

Sep 15, 2015
    Costa Rica
    In my opinion it's a good game (funny sometimes), I played the DSi version and 3D version, if you like retro looking games then you may also like this game

HamBone41801 likes this.