Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi columbo. thanks for the reply, i get it now :)
I just checked again the cakes dir in my sd, and it does have now a config.dat, which I see contains the path to the patches directory within cakes dir.
there is also another file firmware_patched.bin, which I guess is probably the default firmware with the selected patch applied.
Yes cakes uses Encrypted firmwares straight from nintendos servers and cakes decrypts them on start up

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Is the "Block FIRM partition updates" patch necessary if you are running a9lh, but loading Cakes on emuNAND?
You will be bricked either way so what is the point.
the emunand firm can be fukt as much as you want so whatevs yeah. It really is for people who made sysnand the new main nand again for speed/space saving/whatever reasons.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
just install the patched cia. otherwise, nothings changed on this.

I understand that it hasn't been implemented. The cia patch was released maybe 12 hours ago after all.

I'm just asking if it may be implemented in some future update.

Sorry if that was unclear. :(

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that it hasn't been implemented. The cia patch was released maybe 12 hours ago after all.

I'm just asking if it may be implemented in some future update.

Sorry if that was unclear. :(
the cia patch is the same patch that ntr and other things use. and apparently that has to be done from arm11, which cakes doesnt do. if it did, then it could do that.
but its the same patches as we had before. so nothing changed

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
the cia patch is the same patch that ntr and other things use. and apparently that has to be done from arm11, which cakes doesnt do. if it did, then it could do that.
but its the same patches as we had before. so nothing changed

Well... Aurora Wright said that is possible:

You need a process to do said RAM changes (that code doesn't yet exist before launching FIRM - which is all AuReiNand currently does, so you need to patch FIRM to allow an extra ARM11 process then inject the process, before launching FIRM. Then the process will patch Home Menu or whatever you want it to).

This cannot be done in the CakesFW?

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... Aurora Wright said that is possible:

This cannot be done in the CakesFW?
it can, the same way as aureinand, if they make an arm11 thread like she mentioned, which neither cakes nor aureinand do. and thats what theyve been needing the whole time to do that

Reactions: Gray_Jack

Ace Koopa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I happen to have the ambassador program GBA games and a few DSiware games downloaded on my emuNAND, but I can't seem to play them. I hear that you can get them working by patching the signatures, but how do you do that? Will they still play on emuNAND, or will they only be playable on sysNAND? And will my save data be preserved?

Last edited by Ace Koopa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F