Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for asking but how would I run cakes on a9lh? The latest nightly doesn't include the arm9loaderhax.bin so do I rename the cakes.dat to this? Thanks for the help.
build from source and use build/main.bin, or strip out the first part of cakes.dat. cant remember how much of it. think its 1200 bytes. or is that hex? idk

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for asking but how would I run cakes on a9lh? The latest nightly doesn't include the arm9loaderhax.bin so do I rename the cakes.dat to this? Thanks for the help.
Either build it yourself and use main.bin under the build directory, or open Cakes.dat in a hex editor and copy 0x12000 onwards into a new file and save as arm9loaderhax.bin.

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France

There's a CtrBoot build for a9lh (I let you search it), with that you can boot Cakes.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help! I forgot I could make my own payloads. One question though: Does Cake's Sysnand keep a9lh installed if updating sysnand through it? I don't think I will update sysnand even if it is safe to, but I'd just like to know. :)

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the help! I forgot I could make my own payloads. One question though: Does Cake's Sysnand keep a9lh installed if updating sysnand through it? I don't think I will update sysnand even if it is safe to, but I'd just like to know. :)

If you have yours, please share. Thanks.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
It's got as-yet untested FIRM protection for o3DS 9.0.

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by GBHAKC75,

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, right, didn't checked in the last 15 hours ^^'

Thanks for pointing this out :)

EDIT : Installed it (build 136), now I'm waiting for someone crazy enough to test it x)
We could test using using SysUpdater and 10.3 files, but I don't want to have to downgrade again, since I already soft-bricked a N3DS once...
If I'm reading it right, it'll only work on O3DS, and perhaps only on 9.0 FIRM.
Be careful.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 That's what uremum said, when I told her to go shower first.