Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

waffletower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by nothing is working
The way I worded it was meant to be a joke reply to the previous post, but after placing the newest Cakes files and slot0x11key96.bin on my SD card, then updating through emuNAND System Settings, my Cakes autobooter now boots into a black screen.

N3DS previously on 9.5 emuNAND

Edit: All I needed to do was download firmware.bin (and maybe cetk) again, which literally no one ever seems to mention when they say "oh, just go into System Settings and update"

I'm sure I missed it in a tutorial somewhere. Whatever. I got it working thanks to advice from /vg/.

Last edited by waffletower,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
The way I worded it was meant to be a joke reply to the previous post, but after placing the newest Cakes files and slot0x11key96.bin on my SD card, then updating through emuNAND System Settings, my Cakes autobooter now boots into a black screen.

N3DS previously on 9.5 emuNAND

Edit: All I needed to do was download firmware.bin (and maybe cetk) again, which literally no one ever seems to mention when they say "oh, just go into System Settings and update"

I'm sure I missed it in a tutorial somewhere. Whatever. I got it working thanks to advice from /vg/.
I didn't download the firm stuff again, I just deleted the config file and let it make it again.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
10.6 emuNAND works, yadda, yadda, I think NATIVE_FIRM was updated but nothing broke so idc (as usual) EDIT: Nevermind, it wasn't, just make sure you have the latest firmware.bin from the OP (which hasn't been updated in ages but still works), and no you do not require to delete the config or repatch your NATIVE_FIRM if autoboot is enabled.

Last edited by mid-kid,

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
10.6 emuNAND works, yadda, yadda, I think NATIVE_FIRM was updated but nothing broke so idc (as usual) EDIT: Nevermind, it wasn't, just make sure you have the latest firmware.bin from the OP (which hasn't been updated in ages but still works), and no you do not require to delete the config or repatch your NATIVE_FIRM if autoboot is enabled.
Maybe put in the OP the version of the firmware.bin's.
To my understanding there 9.6?

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States

I wasn't saying people needed to but it wouldn't boot at all for me until I did that(deleted the config). So its worth mentioning so if people have issue with it they have something to try. This was on the 133 nightly.

Reinand was fine(used it to make sure my emunand was fine)

Last edited by pbanj,

nokillmonkeys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have menuhax set to auto boot by not pressing any buttons. When I click Boot CFW it loops me back to the launch screen again. Following this piece of advice:

"If you're getting a boot loop while booting Cakes, emuNAND booting is triggering Menuhax due to the theme payload still being present. Try holding/not holding the button combination you set to not trigger Menuhax.", I held a button while booting the CFW.

Instead of getting stuck in a loop I get taken to what looks just like my regular 3DS home screen. How can I tell if I am in the EmuNAND or not? I also don't see any indicator in the System Settings that tells me I am running Cake; it just says 9.2.0-20U, which is what I have.

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I have menuhax set to auto boot by not pressing any buttons. When I click Boot CFW it loops me back to the launch screen again. Following this piece of advice:

"If you're getting a boot loop while booting Cakes, emuNAND booting is triggering Menuhax due to the theme payload still being present. Try holding/not holding the button combination you set to not trigger Menuhax.", I held a button while booting the CFW.

Instead of getting stuck in a loop I get taken to what looks just like my regular 3DS home screen. How can I tell if I am in the EmuNAND or not? I also don't see any indicator in the System Settings that tells me I am running Cake; it just says 9.2.0-20U, which is what I have.
Did you do the setup for cakes and tell it to use emunand? Are your nands unlinked?

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I have the Emunand patch enabled, but my nands are not unlinked yet. Is that my problem?
if u have it checked then its using ur emunand, i suggest u unlink the nands as having them linked can lead you to issues. best way to do it is with tinyformat. seeing as u wont be using ur system nand its best to format that so your emunand still has all your stuff. after the unlink u can remove the menuhax from the emunand and it will stay on your system nand so you can still boot into the cfw. you can also update the emunand.

nokillmonkeys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if u have it checked then its using ur emunand, i suggest u unlink the nands as having them linked can lead you to issues. best way to do it is with tinyformat. seeing as u wont be using ur system nand its best to format that so your emunand still has all your stuff. after the unlink u can remove the menuhax from the emunand and it will stay on your system nand so you can still boot into the cfw. you can also update the emunand.
But if I was using the Emunand wouldn't there be some sort of indicator in the System Settings, like a 'Cakes' or something next to the firmware version?

Lazyjones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But if I was using the Emunand wouldn't there be some sort of indicator in the System Settings, like a 'Cakes' or something next to the firmware version?
Cakes doesn´t show an indicator like rxtools or reinand. Just create folders and name them with single letters like "s y s" and "e m u" so you know when you are in sysnand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1