Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

IcySon55

Leader of Fan Translators International
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to set up autobooting with Cakes?

Here's how I set up both my O3DS and N3DS:

1. Install MenuHax
2. Open the menuhax robinpayload on the root of your SD card, search for boot.3dsx and change it in both places to ctbm.3dsx
3. Get CtrBootManager, copy its 3dsx file to the root of your SD card and rename it to ctbm.3dsx
4. Configure CtrBM to load Cake.dat after a 2 or 3 second delay copying the configuration from rxTools. Same offset etc.
5. Turn on your 3DS and wait for the Cakes menu to appear, configure it if you haven't already, setting autoboot enabled.
6. Done!

Optionally you can set up any number of other 3dsx files in CtrBM including HBL, rxTools (xorpads generation), Decrypt9 (alternate xorpads gen iirc), etc...

Reactions: Quantumcat

fuchstiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I ask it again:

Is it possible to play virtual console titles on n3ds also?
Everytime a get an error if i start one of these games. (Cia install)
A reboot cake isn't available for it?

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ask it again:

Is it possible to play virtual console titles on n3ds also?
Everytime a get an error if i start one of these games. (Cia install)
A reboot cake isn't available for it?

Virtual console titles don't reboot the system so there's no need for a reboot patch... If you're talking about GBA games they work fine as long as you install the patched firmware otherwise I have no clue what you're talking about

Reactions: mid-kid

fuchstiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yea, GBA games for example. And how can i patch my firmware?
I thougt having cakesfw and emunand is enough to play these Virtual Console Games.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, GBA games for example. And how can i patch my firmware?
I thougt having cakesfw and emunand is enough to play these Virtual Console Games.
They aren't "Virtual Console" since that is emulation, the 3ds actually has most of the GBA hardware built in, check my sig for the CFW guide which has a GBA firmware patching section :)

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I want to install the patched cia for the n3ds, i get the following error with FBI: "Description Invalid Combination"
you patched it yourself and are trying to install it now? If so then are you booting CFW first then starting FBI and installing it? Also what version of FBI are you using? Seems 1.4.16 has problems on the n3ds, so try 1.4.15

3DS4FUN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the cakes rops installer and there are two choices for 4.x one for just 4.x and one for 4.x dg. is the dg version for if I downgraded using gateway to 4.x?

pokemon36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how to update? can anyone help me?
Do you currently have cakes installed? If so no need to get a new firmware.bin or cetk, the old ones will work just fine with the new release... Just unzip the new cakes release over the old one and delete the config file in the cakes folder, then select the new patches and you're good to go

pokemon36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Do you currently have cakes installed? If so no need to get a new firmware.bin or cetk, the old ones will work just fine with the new release... Just unzip the new cakes release over the old one and delete the config file in the cakes folder, then select the new patches and you're good to go
Now I worked on cakesfw, if I want to update, just delete the config and cover the files? and the firmware.bin or cetk use the old? Is that ok?

pokemon36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
That's what I just said in the post you quoted...
sorry english is not my mother language,so I want to confirm? Is this (Now I worked on cakesfw, if I want to update, just delete the config and cover the files? and the firmware.bin or cetk use the old? Is that ok?) right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: report your account, a supervisor will take care of it