Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did,

i'm aware that rx patches them on the fly, i installed patched firms because i want to try cakes.
so it should work right? guess i have to check the installed patched agbfirms (i didn't patch my self, just download them from the iso site), because that's the only culprit as of now.

Hmm yeah I guess you could patch them yourself... Just be sure to download the proper title with 3dnus and the proper patcher as well

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hmm yeah I guess you could patch them yourself... Just be sure to download the proper title with 3dnus and the proper patcher as well
decided to try mini pasta first because i'm not really comfortable reinstalling patched firm to nands again...
the gba vc does work. i'm sorry if it's oot, but does mini pasta patch agbfirm on the fly like rx or does it not?
if it does not, then my agbfirm is patched properly... if it does, then maybe i should reinstall patched agbfirm this time.

Last edited by honyo29,

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
decided to try mini pasta first because i'm not really comfortable reinstalling patched firm to nands again...
the gba vc does work. i'm sorry if it's oot, but does mini pasta patch agbfirm on the fly like rx or does it not?
if it does not, then my agbfirm is patched properly... if it does, then maybe i should reinstall patched agbfirm this time.

Wait... I think I remember something about enabling certain cakes (reboot patches iirc) could make the firm not work properly... So try disabling all patches except sig patching and try on sysNAND and see if it works (I know it works fine on my o3ds with cakes)

Reactions: honyo29

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Wait... I think I remember something about enabling certain cakes (reboot patches iirc) could make the firm not work properly... So try disabling all patches except sig patching and try on sysNAND and see if it works (I know it works fine on my o3ds with cakes)
yup, it works.
works on emunand too, so the survive reboot (ssb/mh4) patch is the one which conflicting with patched AGB.
thanks a lot!

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
miniPasta only does NATIVE FIRM sig patching. It was primarily intended to be a noob-proof way to use sysupdater.

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
miniPasta only does NATIVE FIRM sig patching. It was primarily intended to be a noob-proof way to use sysupdater.
thanks for clearing that up. mini pasta might be my solution for gba vc if i finally switch to cakes from rx, so i can keep cakes' patches fully activated because i play mh4u, soon mhx, alot (really hope for region free cakes soon so i will no longer need fmp).
only one test left before i fully switch to cakes, it's download play performance. i experienced severe framerate drops when i'm hosting dlplay and play with three of my friends playing mario party and tennis with rxtools this evening (it never happened before when i was still using gateway). if cakes doesn't have the same issue then i'll fully switch. (won't be able to test this until next week, though)

Last edited by honyo29,

Powermad80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on Reinand right now on my 9.0 N3DS XL, trying to switch to CakesFW to get the themehax+CBM autoboot, but trying to boot emunand through Cakes just results in black screen. I know I have all the necessary files that need to be found elsewhere, and if I disable emunand I don't get sig patches. Is the current release not compatible with hax 2.5? I wish I caught release 99 before the previous download site died so I could get CakesBrah_99, which apparently was compatible.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on Reinand right now on my 9.0 N3DS XL, trying to switch to CakesFW to get the themehax+CBM autoboot, but trying to boot emunand through Cakes just results in black screen. I know I have all the necessary files that need to be found elsewhere, and if I disable emunand I don't get sig patches. Is the current release not compatible with hax 2.5? I wish I caught release 99 before the previous download site died so I could get CakesBrah_99, which apparently was compatible.

Yeah it was the CakeBrah_99 that was compatible... I MAY have a a copy to post, I'll check

EDIT: no suck luck...

Last edited by dark_samus3,

Powermad80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it was the CakeBrah_99 that was compatible... I MAY have a a copy to post, I'll check
Thanks, in the meantime I just now found an allegedly themehax-compatible Reinand release, I'll be trying that now.

...And blackscreen. So that's a bust too.

EDIT: Success, actually! I found the Hax 2.x compatible ReiNand.3dsx, so I'm covered there. There's just the minor step of needing to press Start to boot.

Last edited by Powermad80,

vhaines

Trophies
XP
Country
can i use this if i already have rx tools? and boot it via ctr boot manager? like using two cfw on my 10.3 emunand?

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
did you target cakes.dat with ctrbm?
target cakes.3dsx with ctrbm (if you don't use hbl, just take and put cakes 3dsx on sdcard root)

vhaines

Trophies
XP
Country
{
title = "CakesCFW";
path = "/3ds/Cakes/Cakes.3dsx";
key = 0; // key to override default boot entry (A)
},

this how i do it, is there something wrong

now it works i forgot to install the patches on emunand and hold the L button, but what i can see is that some of my games installed on rxtools cannot be seen?

Last edited by vhaines,

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
{
title = "CakesCFW";
},

now it works i forgot to install the patches on emunand and hold the L button, but what i can see is that some of my games installed on rxtools cannot be seen?
CakesFW lacks region free patch.

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
yea one of the games that not shown was one piece super grand battle x,it was jap game, but can run on rx tools, haha anyways just a collection of cfw haha
you can use free multipatcher then the game will show up and playable on cakes. the only letdown is the game will appear in a box and not really nice if you have alot of out of reg games installed. but free reg cakes is on to do list, so it will come eventually.

vhaines

Trophies
XP
Country
you can use free multipatcher then the game will show up and playable on cakes. the only letdown is the game will appear in a box and not really nice if you have alot of out of reg games installed. but free reg cakes is on to do list, so it will come eventually.
where can i get that the free multipatcher?
ok now i know how, ans: use NTR CFW and the gift box will show when using cakes cfw haha

Last edited by vhaines,

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
{
title = "CakesCFW";
},

Try this config with ctrbootmanager
{
title = "CakesCFW";
path = "/Cakes.dat";
offset = 0x12000;
},

I think i use an old ctrbootmanager, but it works for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright