Homebrew [Release] Bread Box (C64 Emulator)

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
Mayhem in Monsterland wont work at all, it relies on a buy in the graphics chip that is apparently impossible to emulate using frodo's method. Creatures 2 is an excellent game, it does require true 1541 emulation so loading will be S-L-O-W.

Hey @spinal_cord , this is great stuff, been using tubehax just for this (tubehax has major problems through emunand with crashing and so forth.

So, please could you maybe build us up a .cia of this for those of us without the dev environment set up? It'd be well appreciated.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I found a .d64 for commando (great game!) and played it a bit. But most of the other rom I have are in .tap format. Is there a way to convert them into .t64, .prg or .d64 files?

For the vast majority of cases, .tap files can not easilty be converted to other formats. They use their own loaders and multiload systems. Your best bet is to just keep searching. I would think that most C64 games have been ripped to .d64, .t64 or .prg by hackers a long time ago.

Reactions: SLiV3R

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Haha, I alost shizzed my pants when I saw 64 emulator xD! Thanks for the release; only some of the games work btw.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
What is the cartridge format called on C64? So I can skip the loading times :P
From what I can tell, Frodo can't load crt files, so this port doesn't even look for them.

For gameds that don't work, switch true 1541 on. The compatibility is higher but the loading times are slower.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
From what I can tell, Frodo can't load crt files, so this port doesn't even look for them.

For gameds that don't work, switch true 1541 on. The compatibility is higher but the loading times are slower.
Well, it would also bring a more accurate retro experience, adding 1541 seeking noise should be the icing on the cake.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Anyone having trouble loading games should first try the following --

1.mount the .d64 file using (Y) from the game menu
2. type the following
Code:
LOAD"$",8,1
LIST
the the easiest way to do the next but is use the cursor keys to go up to the line with your game on it, type LOAD over the first part (the number) then cursor along to the end of the line and type ,8,1 of then end bit then hit ENTER

once the file has loaded, hit 'HOME/CLR' button then type RUN and hit enter.

It should work for a lot of games.[/code]

rygar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for loading tip.

Would appreciate a way to quickly scroll through game list, e.g. by pressing right on d-pad.

Any chance also for a quick load option for tape files?

Last edited by rygar,

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
The c64 was almost as big as the NES during the 80s. At least in Sweden! There's an ocean of games for the C64. Think there are about 10 000 games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.