Hacking [Release]BootNTR Selector

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I'm desperately need of help. I've looked at various forums and post in this site and reddit for the past 3 days. I've tried several of their methods. The first time, I used the latest bootntr.cia from https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases but I was getting "param is missing: ntrConfig->PMSvcRunAdd r." I tried putting the firmware.bin and cekt into the Luma folder according to the 3ds.guide but I'm still getting the same error. Then I switched to BootNTR Selector using PabloMK7 cia. Now I'm getting:

#Loading 3.4 ...
Load failed !
#Firmware unknown
#Detected firm 2.50.11

This is the latest BootNTR Selector version 2.7.2 btw. I also tried FONZD but ends in the same result. My o3ds 10.5.0-30U with Luma3DS v6.6 (up to date)
The configurations are:
  • Autoboot SysNAND
  • Use SysNAND FIRM if booting with R
  • Show NAND or user string in System Settings
Thanks
Update your system firmware. If you have a9lh, why is your system still at 10.5?

Reactions: Neohorizon

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I'm desperately need of help. I've looked at various forums and post in this site and reddit for the past 3 days. I've tried several of their methods. The first time, I used the latest bootntr.cia from https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases but I was getting "param is missing: ntrConfig->PMSvcRunAdd r." I tried putting the firmware.bin and cekt into the Luma folder according to the 3ds.guide but I'm still getting the same error. Then I switched to BootNTR Selector using PabloMK7 cia. Now I'm getting:

#Loading 3.4 ...
Load failed !
#Firmware unknown
#Detected firm 2.50.11

This is the latest BootNTR Selector version 2.7.2 btw. I also tried FONZD but ends in the same result. My o3ds 10.5.0-30U with Luma3DS v6.6 (up to date)
The configurations are:
  • Autoboot SysNAND
  • Use SysNAND FIRM if booting with R
  • Show NAND or user string in System Settings
Thanks
Have you tried updating sysnand to 11.3

Edit: also firmware.bin isn't needed anymore afaik

Reactions: Neohorizon

FASILT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I've been having some problems with BootNTR and Fire Emblem If(Japanese Version with fan translation patch).

In the past I've used the fan translation along with the Fates Gay Hack and the cheat plugin, and it's worked perfectly fine with older versions of NTR, but now, the game is consistently crashing at a certain point.

My setup is.
11.3U firmware
a9lh+luma(Luma is updated)
the newest BootNTR Selector

Trying to play If and it will not go past a certain screen, all that happens is the music stop and the game locks, then gives me an error and forces a system restart. And I know that it's BootNTR causing the problem since if I don't run it the game will work just fine. I've tried 3.2, 3.3, and 3.4 and they all give the same result. I thought removing the firmware.bin file from the luma folder would work but it was still the same result. Edit: I also know that it's not the fault of the gay hack patch or the cheat plugin, as I've removed both of those to test and just use NTR normally and it still crashes. Edit2: I've looked up and apparently the fan translation has known bugs that cause crashes similar to what I'm experiencing(although at different points) but I've also attempted to use a completely raw JP version of the game and also experienced the same crashes when running NTR, so it's not the translations fault either, it's definitely from BootNTR

I've included some screenshots of my layout, I don't know if anyone else has had this problem before or if they know how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

IMAG1693.jpg Screenshot (157).png Screenshot (158).png Screenshot (159).png Screenshot (160).png

Last edited by FASILT,

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi everyone. I've been having some problems with BootNTR and Fire Emblem If(Japanese Version with fan translation patch).

In the past I've used the fan translation along with the Fates Gay Hack and the cheat plugin, and it's worked perfectly fine with older versions of NTR, but now, the game is consistently crashing at a certain point.

My setup is.
11.3U firmware
a9lh+luma(Luma is updated)
the newest BootNTR Selector

Trying to play If and it will not go past a certain screen, all that happens is the music stop and the game locks, then gives me an error and forces a system restart. And I know that it's BootNTR causing the problem since if I don't run it the game will work just fine. I've tried 3.2, 3.3, and 3.4 and they all give the same result. I thought removing the firmware.bin file from the luma folder would work but it was still the same result. Edit: I also know that it's not the fault of the gay hack patch or the cheat plugin, as I've removed both of those to test and just use NTR normally and it still crashes. Edit2: I've looked up and apparently the fan translation has known bugs that cause crashes similar to what I'm experiencing(although at different points) but I've also attempted to use a completely raw JP version of the game and also experienced the same crashes when running NTR, so it's not the translations fault either, it's definitely from BootNTR

I've included some screenshots of my layout, I don't know if anyone else has had this problem before or if they know how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 79393 View attachment 79394 View attachment 79395 View attachment 79396 View attachment 79397
you are aware that bootntr just launches ntr? it does not affect anything else. remove the plugins and try again.

DJW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I'm currently using the latest version of BootNTR Selector. I normally use 3.4.

Is there a way to make it so that screenshots taken using NTR are saved in a specific folder (of my choice) instead of the root of of my SD card?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I'm currently using the latest version of BootNTR Selector. I normally use 3.4.

Is there a way to make it so that screenshots taken using NTR are saved in a specific folder (of my choice) instead of the root of of my SD card?
Nope that feature has nothing to do with BootNTR so there is no way to change that

FASILT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are aware that bootntr just launches ntr? it does not affect anything else. remove the plugins and try again.
That seems to have fixed it. I did some testing and I guess it was the cheat plugin that was causing the crashes. Which is strange since I've used the cheat plugin before on earlier fan translations/firmwares/NTR versions and it didn't cause any problems before(at least none as big as this).

Thank you for the help.

Reactions: adrifcastr

Paul Ik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi guys !!! after i updating to 2.7.2, when i press one of the 3 options, it gives an error and auto boot back my 3ds.... any advise on this situation ?
im using japan n3ds, sysnand is 9.2 , CFW is reinand 11.3

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys !!! after i updating to 2.7.2, when i press one of the 3 options, it gives an error and auto boot back my 3ds.... any advise on this situation ?
im using japan n3ds, sysnand is 9.2 , CFW is reinand 11.3
Switch to Luma3DS

milhousevanhouten

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Put your 3DS in a lockable box, lock it, put it at the back of a cupboard, then swallow the key. Then move on with your life, 3DS hacking just isn't for you.

For a 14 year old retarded Dutch kid you've got a pretty good grasp of the English language. Your English is better than half the people here who claim to be from countries where English is the primary language.

Maybe that's where you should focus your energy instead of 3DS hacking. Learn a few more languages (mandarin/Cantonese would be a good place to start) and become a translator for Dutch or English businesses.

erm.. I don't have a box to store it in :P

Reactions: comput3rus3r

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
um you are aware that your games are stored on the sd card and read by the nand? switching a signature patcher is like 10 seconds of your time. that does not remove anything

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT