Homebrew [RELEASE] BootAnim9 - Custom boot animations for your 3DS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible. Is there a way to check what its trying to boot me into?
I'm not really sure whats going on there, it depends on what version / fork of a9lh you're using, but with some cursory google searching I'm seeing people say that the L and R buttons on a9lh can be used for emu / sysNAND. Maybe it's trying to load one of those (which i assume you don't have) and that's why its just loading a black screen, because there is nothing to load? This is just an educated guess on my part, I can't say for sure.

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any button would trigger its option in luma like that. If you hold select while turning it on it will skip the animation but will load lumas config.
Oh, so I guess if I hold R during the animation, it will also skip. Just need the animation to start before doing anything. Thanks!

DerEineee

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can I use this whitout ARM9?
I'm just using HomeMenuHax and RxTools to boot into my EmuNAND because it's a bit to complicated for me to setup ARM9...

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I'm just using HomeMenuHax and RxTools to boot into my EmuNAND because it's a bit to complicated for me to setup ARM9...
No :3. It is intended for a9lh users only, because if I were to make a homemenuhax version the boot times would be horrendous

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It could be possible that you are able to use it using a bootloader like bootctr, you could try it of you set the offset to 0.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unless you modify the source you cant...

https://github.com/wolfvak/bootanim9/blob/master/source/main.c#L47
*(vu8 *)0x10010000 is the PDN_CONFIG register iirc, and it's set to 0 in a coldboot. Unless BootCTR9 sets this register to 0 (pls don't :P), then it's not possible.
it would be bootctr not bootctr9 :) , but this only means, that somebody who would like to use it from menuhax would need to remove the coldbootcheck. This would not the best way, but it would be a way :)

Drukan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
With this new luma update my 3ds boot the anim but turn off , what I do? he starts normal without anim

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still patiently waiting for a version that works with no screen init:) thanks again for al the work you've done on this it's near flawless now. this for me is amazing when my friends or someone gets their 3ds hacked I give them a little luma animation and pictures of what buttons to push for what payload.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Gonna do my homework +1