Homebrew [RELEASE] BootAnim9 - Custom boot animations for your 3DS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Push it through a rendering program first at the framerate then convert it. It may not have the same fps as you would think
Like what? I opened it on Photoshop and it says the frames are delayed by 0.2 seconds.

upload_2016-4-20_21-20-11.png

Docmudkipz

Novice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like what? I opened it on Photoshop and it says the frames are delayed by 0.2 seconds.

View attachment 46421
I use premier for that, but just make sure it's pumping out at 5fps like it seems it should be. If it isn't exactly being nice then the payload is actually loading the file too fast and your best bet is to try and extend it out so that it's 30fps but still lasts the 3.2 seconds it should

Reactions: Wolfvak

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Alright, so I got an animation working, and it's going too fast. I set the frame rate to 5 in the bootanim, and a config file isn't generated. I take the 5 config file, rename it config, and put it in with the anim and it didn't work.
Try looping it? Maybe I should add support for that next, shouldn't be *too* hard

-Wzjian-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Arm9loadhax.bin can update? GBAvc does not currently support the use of animation, the use of GBAvc will be black.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Do not use bootanim9, GBAVC enter not black, I do not think luma(Aureind) problem
First, I barely understand what you're saying. Please read it out loud to yourself before posting and try to see if it makes much sense.

After seconds of decrypting your post, it appears that you have an issue with AuReiNAND's reboot patches. Have you read this?

Reactions: pbanj

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
First, I barely understand what you're saying. Please read it out loud to yourself before posting and try to see if it makes much sense.

After seconds of decrypting your post, it appears that you have an issue with AuReiNAND's reboot patches. Have you read this?
I love that he says he doesn't use bootanim9 but is posting in the thread for it saying he has an issue with it

Reactions: Wolfvak

C0ntroller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there a way to implement a function that you simply skip the animation when you press a specific button? I really like my animations but sometimes I just want that thing to start as fast es possible ;)

-Wzjian-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

wiki,i read too 。So sorry, English is not my native language,so utterance isn't very good!
please help Compile ‘Arm9loadhax.bin’ in path,i need method。thank yours。

Last edited by -Wzjian-,

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Is there a way to implement a function that you simply skip the animation when you press a specific button? I really like my animations but sometimes I just want that thing to start as fast es possible ;)
You can press SELECT to skip the animation, or hold R while booting to skip it entirely.

wiki,i read too 。So sorry, English is not my native language,so utterance isn't very good!
please help Compile ‘Arm9loadhax.bin’ in path,i need method。thank yours。
Sorry, but that's an AuReiNAND issue, not a BootAnim9 issue. You should go to the AuReiNAND thread and ask there, I already linked you to the exact instructions you need to follow. There's not much more I can do since I don't use it myself.

C0ntroller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can press SELECT to skip the animation, or hold R while booting to skip it entirely.

Oh thanks, never noticed that :o Is this just written nowhere or I'm just to dumb to find it? Looked in the first post and the changelogs, didn't find anything x)

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Oh thanks, never noticed that :o Is this just written nowhere or I'm just to dumb to find it? Looked in the first post and the changelogs, didn't find anything x)
Somehow I completely missed it...
I rewrote the OP to have that nice logo and spoilers, to mark v0.4 and to make it cleaner (& more noob-friendly) but I forgot to add a lot of stuff.
Thanks for pointing it out.

EDIT: Fix'd

Last edited by Wolfvak,
Reactions: C0ntroller
D

Deleted User

Finally got around to trying this today and it's pretty sweet. But I had a problem - using the tool you posted in the OP for conversion using ffmpeg, it never gave me the option to choose whether or not it was a top screen or bottom screen animation. It always defaulted to bottom; I had to set a GOTO command to force it for the top setting. I don't know if this is a bug or just me.

Docmudkipz

Novice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got around to trying this today and it's pretty sweet. But I had a problem - using the tool you posted in the OP for conversion using ffmpeg, it never gave me the option to choose whether or not it was a top screen or bottom screen animation. It always defaulted to bottom; I had to set a GOTO command to force it for the top setting. I don't know if this is a bug or just me.
That's odd. Did anyone else have a problem with that?

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get bootanim9 release v0.5 to stop looping the same image over and over. No matter how many times I press the select button it keeps looping the same image. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited by jimmyleen,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...