[Release] Blackjack 3DS

Blackjack 3DS

menu_v0.2.png
game_v0.2.png

Blackjack! Game is played with an infinite deck, with support for late surrender, insurance (2-1), doubling down, and splits. And 3D!

Coded with Rinnegatamante's fantastic Lua Player Plus.

Rules: http://wizardofodds.com/games/blackjack/basics/

Current version is v0.4 (compatible with NH2.5)

(Possible) future development

- language selection
- option to switch deck backs/art
- clean up sloppy code
- move to gpu rendering

Please let me know if you find any bugs or gameplay issues, or if you have a suggestion for a future release.

DOWNLOAD - https://github.com/keanutah/blackjack-3ds/releases

Last edited by keanutah,

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Just great! I wanted for a card based 3ds game, and it happens! :lol: Thank you and keep up the great work! :yaynds:

keanutah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks good! I would love to see a multiplayer version of this!
How would you imagine that working? It's essentially a single player game against the dealer, just with a shared deck if there are multiple people. I was thinking about coming up with some sort of scoring system based on how often you made the best moves and how much money you have and creating an online leaderboard based off that.

The_Meistro

GBATemp's "Official" Hank Hill
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
How would you imagine that working? It's essentially a single player game against the dealer, just with a shared deck if there are multiple people. I was thinking about coming up with some sort of scoring system based on how often you made the best moves and how much money you have and creating an online leaderboard based off that.
Nice idea man. If you need some testers you know where to find me.
@The_Meistro

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
In blackjack multiple players can join a table, right?

keanutah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In blackjack multiple players can join a table, right?
Yeah but they're all playing against the dealer individually. It's not like poker where the other player's hand matters. The only element that playing with other people adds is the ability to count more cards, since the whole table shares the same deck(s). That's why I'm not really sure what a multiplayer mode would look like. I think some sort of scoring system with a online highscore table would be cooler.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah but they're all playing against the dealer individually. It's not like poker where the other player's hand matters. The only element that playing with other people adds is the ability to count more cards, since the whole table shares the same deck(s). That's why I'm not really sure what a multiplayer mode would look like. I think some sort of scoring system with a online highscore table would be cooler.
I confused it with regular poker.
If you want to implement highscores then you should let a server decides peoples cards, and calculate their points, else it will be to easy to cheat on

Reactions: Davey159

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you