Homebrew RELEASE [RELEASE] Amiga Emulator UAE4All2 for Switch

steviebwoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this emulator give access to the "immediate blitters" option? I've had a lot of trouble in the past with Sensible World of Soccer's career mode until immediate blitters are enabled.
Also, is it okay to use HDF format files with this? A lot of my games are stored as individual .hdfs so it would be great to know if this is supported.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have donated as well on paypal to @rsn8887 so whoever dont have patreon account dont let it stop to donate for this great emulator.
Does anyone have hdfs from ransom pack in torrent so i can pick just hdf files i want... All what i found on internet is really huge rar file where you cannot choose subset
If you let me know which games you're after I can send these to you, I have the full ransom pack here.

Last edited by steviebwoy,

petarku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got already link for smaller pack that i downloaded.
thanks for the offer
Does this emulator give access to the "immediate blitters" option? I've had a lot of trouble in the past with Sensible World of Soccer's career mode until immediate blitters are enabled.
Also, is it okay to use HDF format files with this? A lot of my games are stored as individual .hdfs so it would be great to know if this is supported.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you let me know which games you're after I can send these to you, I have the full ransom pack here.

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States

Yes, you can select immediate blitter mode in the options. Just remember if you change blitter mode, you also have to do a reset afterwards (R button on main menu). Immediate mode is the default mode.

Sensible World of Soccer should work perfectly. You might have to adjust the screen size ("Preset Mode" and "displayed lines" options in display menu, and/or "R+START+DPAD" hotkey during emulation).

Yes, hdf format works with this, up to four files and one HD DIR can be mounted. hdfs have to be smaller than 2GB in size.

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
New release
https://github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases/latest

I fixed the 68020 bitfield instructions. Now Virocop AGA doesn't crash anymore.

Changelog:

- fix 68020+ bitfield instructions (fixes crash in Virocop AGA)

2018-11-21-214923.jpg

2018-11-21-214951.jpg

2018-11-21-215128.jpg

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Is this a game specific fix or could it potentially help others too?

It could help all games that make use of this instruction. I think Dungeon Master 2 is another one.

New release:

Download: https://github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases/latest

I fixed the interrupt 6 bitmask. Now Marvin's Marvellous Adventure AGA can be started. Thanks to Toni Wilen at the http://eab.abime.net forum for telling me how to fix the bug.

Changes in this version:

• fix interrupt 6 bitmask (fixes Marvin's Marv. Adv. AGA)
Marvin-b.jpg

Marvin-c.jpg

Marvin-a.jpg

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! It is such a cute game it always bothered me I couldn't get past the title screen in UAE4All2. The backgrounds are still a bit distorted sometimes (no cycle-exact). But otherwise it now seems very playable on the Switch.

As was mentioned, emulation fixes like this could also fix problems in other games. For example if there are any other games that make use of interrupt 6 mask 0x4000.

Last edited by rsn8887,
Reactions: Lineacero

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks! It is such a cute game it always bothered me I couldn't get past the title screen in UAE4All2. The backgrounds are still a bit distorted sometimes (no cycle-exact). But otherwise it now seems very playable on the Switch.

As was mentioned, emulation fixes like this could also fix problems in other games. For example if there are any other games that make use of interrupt 6 mask 0x4000.

And I am happy that it bothered you :)

The more I test this emu, the more I am impressed by its quality. Now I will test my hundreds of demo. They are known to be more problematic than games in most cases (Spaceballs demos almost perfect, batman vuelve working too, world of commodore too :)). My Switch games are full of dust now...

Last edited by CrashMidnick,

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
I didn't plan for it. The network emulation (bsdsocket) was added in a later version of UAE. I doubt that it can be backported without a re-write of large amounts of code, but I will check.

Parxal

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I didn't plan for it. The network emulation (bsdsocket) was added in a later version of UAE. I doubt that it can be backported without a re-write of large amounts of code, but I will check.
please check, It would be interessing to run a web browser inside workbeach inside uae or play some games in network.
And thanks for the port :)

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
For hdf files, you have to

• ⁠first select the Amiga 1200 configuration, by selecting "A1200" in the main menu.
• ⁠also make sure NO .adf is inserted into any of the floppy slots. All floppy slots should be empty.
• ⁠go to hard disk options, insert the hdf into slot #1
• ⁠select Boot HD: FILE1
• ⁠go back to main menu, and press R
• ⁠Your game should boot and load much faster from .hdf than .adf.

Your best bet is trying to find some of the preinstalled .hdf files that have WHDLoad already installed. There are packages with one .hdf per game that seem to work pretty well.

Keep in mind only .hdf files SMALLER than 2GB are supported in the emulator.

For the emulator to work, you need to obtain and copy BIOS files kick13.rom (size: 262,144 bytes), kick20.rom (size: 524,288 bytes) and kick31.rom (size: 524,288 bytes) to your SDCard into /switch/uae4all2/kickstarts/

Once you have it running, remember you can use the shortcut „R+Start+DPad“ to zoom the screen and center it vertically to get rid of the bottom/top black borders, depending on the game.

If the game is missing some pixels on the left or right, like Settlers, you can also enable overscan display and/or high-res display in the display menu. High res is useful for displaying Workbench and applications that often use 640 pixels per line instead of 320. Such adjustments can be done by changing the Preset Width from 320 to 358 or higher in the menu.

Reactions: CTBC

jacopastorius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you very muche rsn, first of all for your fantastic emulator (which i tested with some adfs). Regarding hdf, i just did what you suggested but trying some hdf result in a blue screen with a window saying "Not a DOS disk in unit B)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :rolleyes: