Homebrew [RELEASE] A9LH SD Setup Homebrew

Shubshub

The Shubinator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Follow the Guide on http://3ds.guide I have no intention to update this as more important things are happening currently

Word of Warning, This Homebrew does not Install arm9loaderhax it merely copies all the files to the correct location

If you use 1.0.0 you need to supply your own aeskeydb.bin and data_input_v2.zip
1.0.1 Downloads them for you however they are not included in the zip supplied here

Redownload whatever version you had from before this Edit as I've updated the files in the zip to have Decrypt9WIP included Also the other crap from the starter.zip are gone now

How to Install/Run!

Just copy all these files inside the downloaded zip to the root of your SD And then run a9lh_easySetup.3dsx from the Homebrew Launcher and then you can start the A9LH Installation by following the guide, This just minimizes the amount of times you have to remove the SD Card

Optionally you may also supply the 2.1.0E CTR Transfer.bin and .sha files on the root of the SD and they will be copied as well

FAQ
Q. The Screen is Just Colors!
A. Yes if the Screen is white its still copying, And if its anything other than Green after its no longer white then you are missing a required file on the root

If the screen goes red then you are missing a9lh_easySetup.zip
If the screen goes yellow then you are missing data_input_v2.zip
If the screen goes purple then you are missing aeskeydb.bin
If the screen goes green then everything went successfully!

Latest Downloads
1.0.1 (Working as of 30/08/2016)
Latest Official Firmware: 11.0.0-33 (Up to this version This tool will work for setting up the SD Card for A9LH Installation) (You still need to Hardmod/DSiWare Downgrade from 11.0.0-33 to get A9LH)
I am not responsible for any bricks created by this tool there is always a risk of bricking your system when hacking

Remember Don't close the System, Close the System and You're dead

Old Downloads

Plailect A9LH Guide

Let me know what you think

Last edited by Shubshub,

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this will make the process a bit less tedious. Just a few questions/ideas.

1. is all the files already included in the pack, or does it automatically download the latest?

2. Does this also install luma 3ds?

Shubshub

The Shubinator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well, this will make the process a bit less tedious. Just a few questions/ideas.

1. is all the files already included in the pack, or does it automatically download the latest?

2. Does this also install luma 3ds?
It "technically" installs Luma to Install luma you only have to have the files on SD You still have to do the Installation process of A9LH
It doesn't download the latest files Although this will probably change in a future build
data_input_v2.zip and aeskeydb.bin are downloaded through it though

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It "technically" installs Luma to Install luma you only have to have the files on SD You still have to do the Installation process of A9LH
It doesn't download the latest files Although this will probably change in a future build
data_input_v2.zip and aeskeydb.bin are downloaded through it though
Still cool man. May use this soon, I am getting a 2ds I need to install a9lh on it

Reactions: Shubshub

tides

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not working, i tried extracting the zip file, then throwing it all in the root and i get red screen
i tried deleting all the extracted zip files and just putting the zip file and the 3ds folder and red screen
i tried extracting it all out into the root, put the 3ds and the zip, still red
i tried putting the zip file in the root and the 3ds folder, still red
i tried throwing all the extracted files into the 3ds folder, with the zip still in the root, still red screen.

i give up. screw a9lh. i'll use use menu hax

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not working, i tried extracting the zip file, then throwing it all in the root and i get red screen
i tried deleting all the extracted zip files and just putting the zip file and the 3ds folder and red screen
i tried extracting it all out into the root, put the 3ds and the zip, still red
i tried putting the zip file in the root and the 3ds folder, still red
i tried throwing all the extracted files into the 3ds folder, with the zip still in the root, still red screen.

i give up. screw a9lh. i'll use use menu hax
Just follow the regular guide, this is still in its very early stages. A9lh is worth it, and takes 30 minutes to setup now (I think, may be shorter)

D

Deleted-379826

Pretty dang cool! Can definitely help out some noobs. Maybe if plialects forks it and adds it to his guide he can make it EVEN easier especially for the noobs! :P

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very cool tool! This is going to be SO useful when trying to walk people through the install with messages when they don't even know what a root directory is LOL.

I think the most useful tool for installing A9LH is a forced backup. Seriously, Decrypt9/Hourglass9 should NOT allow you to restore a new sysNAND/emuNAND without making a backup of your current one first. Then half the people with [Bricked] A9LH systems wouldn't have to make new threads because they skipped that part.

SuperNintendo64

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hi, im still on the Emunand and Sysnand

Can i just use this program to start the A9LH process?

Will it crunch both Sysnand and Emunand into one?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, im still on the Emunand and Sysnand

Can i just use this program to start the A9LH process?

Will it crunch both Sysnand and Emunand into one?
This program doesn't do anything concerning the installation of A9LH. it simply structures the SD card files so they are automatically stored in the correct directories. I believe it does download 2 files you need for the installation, but you have to do the installation process yourself. So to answer your question, no it will not turn your emuNAND into your sysNAND. A9LH does that if you so choose.

Reactions: Shubshub

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yltcaxE
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ¡¡¡ tttoN
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ssssey ioBtneicnA@
    +1
    :angry: ¡¡¡¡¡ oooooooooooooooooooooooN
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ?draeh ton uoy evaH
    Gives you "The 🖕 BIRD" :tpi::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    :2lfor::2lfor::2lfor::ipt: "DRIB 🖕ehT" uoy seviG. *
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Atmosphere and Hekate both have been updated to support FW 18. Yay!
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Atmosphere and Hekate both have been updated to support FW 18. Yay!