ROM Hack [Release] 3DS_CTR_Decryptor-VOiD

jqrn

Trophies
XP
Country
Part of the process for decrypting ROMs. If you don't understand it in terms that have already been posted, this isn't for you.

Buy one. Or get other people to test it for you.

I got a 4.5 3ds. But i am not understanding everything and all the terms in this thread either. But if I don't read and try to understand, I for sure will never learn.
So telling that this isn't for us is crap.
Now you go Shoo! Shoo!

Reactions: Nurio and kyogre123

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are correct. :) We made this since no one else would share. All of our source is included. We made this because we wanted to rip music, create level editors for SM3DL and mod like Project M for SSB (although we will need 7.x decryption for that I believe).

What custom levels do you have in mind bro :)

Twili

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I would help you but my internet is too slw and the xopad files are as big as the trimmed rom. Can you explain how it is done? I already have the romfs.xor file but I can't open it with 3dsexplorer and I don't know how to use ctrtool.

I'm not 100% sure how to read the romfs archive itself, but I know how to locate individual files from that game to extract. I'll send you a PM shortly.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OK, I would help you but my internet is too slw and the xopad files are as big as the trimmed rom. Can you explain how it is done? I already have the romfs.xor file but I can't open it with 3dsexplorer and I don't know how to use ctrtool.

really? This was posted in the previous page:

use 3dsexplorer's 'xor tool'. Input the xorpad and the file you wish to decrypt as 'first file' and 'second file' respectively and then save the output.

Twili

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you not read properly what I asked¡

I have some simple tools for those who don't want to use 3dsexplorer but want to decrypt a romfs. They're pretty slow, but they work.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qipafy450qsv3aq/romfsdecryption.zip

1. Extract getromfs.exe and xor.exe to the same folder as the ROM that you obtained the romfs xorpad for, and put the xorpad in that folder as well.

2. Click and drag your ROM into getromfs.exe and it will extract the encrypted romfs for the rom as EncryptedRomFS.bin. Don't close the cmd window. It will close on its own when it's done. It will take a couple minutes.

3. Click and drag the xorpad for the romfs into xor.exe and it will xor EncryptedRomFS.bin with the xorpad to decrypt it. It will output DecryptedRomFS.bin. AGAIN, IT'S SLOW. DON'T CLOSE THE CMD WINDOW. IT WILL CLOSE ON ITS OWN.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have some simple tools for those who don't want to use 3dsexplorer but want to decrypt a romfs. They're pretty slow, but they work.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qipafy450qsv3aq/romfsdecryption.zip

1. Extract getromfs.exe and xor.exe to the same folder as the ROM that you obtained the romfs xorpad for, and put the xorpad in that folder as well.

2. Click and drag your ROM into getromfs.exe and it will extract the encrypted romfs for the rom as EncryptedRomFS.bin. Don't close the cmd window. It will close on its own when it's done. It will take a couple minutes.

3. Click and drag the xorpad for the romfs into xor.exe and it will xor EncryptedRomFS.bin with the xorpad to decrypt it. It will output DecryptedRomFS.bin. AGAIN, IT'S SLOW. DON'T CLOSE THE CMD WINDOW. IT WILL CLOSE ON ITS OWN.

That's neat but what's the next step? So, there's no tool to extract the files from the decrypted romFS? Am I getting something wrong?

Reactions: aliak11

Twili

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's neat but what's the next step? So, there's no tool to extract the files from the decrypted romFS? Am I getting something wrong?

Take a large screenshot of the decrypted romfs in a hex editor and send me a PM and I'll see how I can help.

EDIT: Take several screenshots, showing more of the data each time.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Take a large screenshot of the decrypted romfs in a hex editor and send me a PM and I'll see how I can help.

EDIT: Take several screenshots, showing more of the data each time.

I actually got a file of 0bytes with your tool, I don't know why... the EncryptedRomFS was extracted fine though.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Wait. How large is the ncchinfo.bin?
If it just the few keys then did the AES engine created a xorpad the size of the ROM? With only a few keys? :blink:

Twili

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually got a file of 0bytes with your tool, I don't know why... the EncryptedRomFS was extracted fine though.

If you get a file of 0 bytes, it's because the xorpad is a bad size. However, I can modify it to decrypt it anyways. Do you want me to?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you get a file of 0 bytes, it's because the xorpad is a bad size. However, I can modify it to decrypt it anyways. Do you want me to?

Why is it a bad size? Are you saying both files have to be the same size? This is strange since the tool supposedly xorpaded everything, I even got the "Finished" lettering.

Twili

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is it a bad size? Are you saying both files have to be the same size? This is strange since the tool supposedly xorpaded everything, I even got the "Finished" lettering.

How big are both files? And yes, it will say "finished" even if it didn't do anything. But what are the sizes of both?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.