ROM Hack [Release] 3DS_CTR_Decryptor-VOiD

Milesgboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone link me the tools I need to decrypt and extract the 3ds image from the xorpads?

I don't see them in the first post at all. For use with the 9.x one. I'm not sure if they updated the tools for extracting at all since I haven't done this since it was first released with the 7.x key thing.

Since I don't have the tools anymore. If someone can do this for me and others and put it on the first post would be awesome for other people.

Oswarlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyone who has compiled this into a cia (the ncch decryptor), or can it even be done? Switching out the sd card is easy sure, but it would be pretty nice to be able to just lazy-mode FTP everything.

ShinkoNet

Obsessed with Touhou
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
When trying to use mex.py to merge the 7x exefs and normal exefs xorpads into one to decrypt Alpha Sapphire, I get this error:
>MEX.py EncryptedExeFS.bin 000400000011C500.Main.exefs_norm.xorpad 000400000011C500.Main.exefs_7x.xorpad output.xorpad
.code not found! Did you specify the input files correctly?

The input files are correct, and I extracted the encrypted exefs bin using 3dsexplorer and the xorpads using decrypt9. When I don't enter it correctly it just says "____ not found!' stuff.

EDIT: I tried extracting the encrypted exefs using ctrtool now, because of the unreliability of 3dsexplorer.

I get this error: "Program ID Mismatch. Wrong Key?"

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyone who has compiled this into a cia (the ncch decryptor), or can it even be done? Switching out the sd card is easy sure, but it would be pretty nice to be able to just lazy-mode FTP everything.

CIAs don't have the required access to the Arm9 cpu to carry out decryption/encryption related activities. Only a program running from Arm9 can. And as of right now, that's in the form of a Launcher.dat file via an exploit. :P

Nothing launched from the cartridge slot or the Home Menu has access to Arm9. All of what you see booting from Home menu or cartridge only has access to Arm11. The only exception being GBA/DS/DSi games. But those are sandboxed in a special boot mode, so you can't run anything in those modes to access the encryption engine. :P

Oswarlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CIAs don't have the required access to the Arm9 cpu to carry out decryption/encryption related activities. Only a program running from Arm9 can. And as of right now, that's in the form of a Launcher.dat file via an exploit. :P

Nothing launched from the cartridge slot or the Home Menu has access to Arm9. All of what you see booting from Home menu or cartridge only has access to Arm11. The only exception being GBA/DS/DSi games. But those are sandboxed in a special boot mode, so you can't run anything in those modes to access the encryption engine. :P

Thank you for the helpful and informative answer, I had thought it was something like that, but wasn't sure as I'm not in the know on this topic. :)

Ompet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The newest nightly (as of right now, the one that supports 9.6 decryption), is a bit buggy it seems. I couldn't decrypt anything without 9.6 key ( seeddb.bin ). If you want to decrypt stuff below 9.6, download the one released on 25 May.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to get ANY OF THE Sky3DS GAMES ONLINES JUST FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS

ITS SIMPLE GUYS!!! i just did it and all i had to do was this

1. Take a game that works online with your sky3ds like Mario Kart and find it in Sky3ds's Template.txt
to find it in template get Gateway Rom Patcher and open up the game, find the Cart ID
Mario Kart is CTR-P-AMKE
the game i first tested was Heroes of Ruin which is:
Heroes of Ruin is CTR-P-AH6E

2. copy the 5th line down which for mario kart is:
(9E C2 E0 A1 D2 8C 05 24 75 53 B2 44 A1 6C 49 4A)
if your game is not online it will look like this at the 5th line
(FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF)

so just Copy (9E C2 E0 A1 D2 8C 05 24 75 53 B2 44 A1 6C 49 4A) and Paste it over
the 5th line of hex, often is the first set of FF's (FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF)
now you have to Write the game to Sky3DS using the Diskwriter provided by Sky3ds.com and make sure to load the template that you just edited
if you have the game on there, delete it and re-Write it.
and you should be online!!!

so easy, and nobody has explained it so clearly as far as i know.

give it a go and have fun online!

I'm thinking (hoping) that this was intended for a different thread?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls