• Views 1,459,514
  • Replies 844
  • Likes 158

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"doesn't use Python or .NET Framework" thank goodness u tards have made my outdated vista even more useless with your higher and higher requirements
Vista has not received security updates for 1.7 years, and due to that and its low user base, developers have been dropping it left and right. You can't really expect people to continue supporting a dead system.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"doesn't use Python or .NET Framework" thank goodness u tards have made my outdated vista even more useless with your higher and higher requirements
If you can't upgrade to Windows 8.1 or 10, you can install a desktop Linux like Ubuntu, Mint, or Majaro and run 3DS Simple CIA Converter v5.0 with the boot9.bin using WINE. I'm not sure what your problem is with Windows Vista as this program runs perfectly fine on my Windows 7 netbook and Windows 8.1 laptop. Maybe the one who's deficient is perhaps you?

Reactions: LowEndC

DarkXNightmare

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello Everyone. I just made an account ask a simple question. Can I use this program to create "Shareable" CIA games? Or are this locked to my 3DS since I'm using my boot9.bin file?
Thanks in advance!

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
You can eliminate the Create 'ncchinfo.bin' file steps if you do this.

Grab a copy of boot9.bin and place it in the root of your 3DS Simple CIA Converter v5.0 folder. Once you have that in place, you put your *.3ds roms in the roms folder and press Convert 3DS ROM to CIA button. It'll then ask you to select a folder. You can press Select Folder if you're already in roms even if you don't see your .3ds files.

To read more about how to -or- where to obtain the boot9.bin, this was mentioned in back in page #37 starting around post #728 to the last few current posts.

hello.
i have the v5.0
i put my boot9.bin in the root of the 3ds simple cia converter folder
i put my copy of pokemon ultra sun in the roms folder
i selected convert to cia,
it asked me to select a folder, i didnt see the rom in there, but i clicked select folder like you said.
i got a wierd text pop up with japanese letters in the right corner saying

"file "00040000001B5000.Main.exheader.xorpad" not found. Generate it using ncchinfo.bin and put inside "xorpads" folder."

i thought xorpads/ncchinfo.bin werent needed with 5.0?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This means the boot9.bin is missing, not an intact copy, or the program can't find it for some reason.
boot9.bin should be 64 KB with CRC-32 hash of E0989F6D.

boot9.bin missing.png

If that doesn't work, you'll have to resort to NDSTokyoTrim and GodMode9 -or- substitute with 3dsconv (see instructions here).

Reactions: LowEndC

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
Last edited by LowEndC,

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got back into 3DS after many years, and just performed an ntrboot CFW mod on my 11.6 firmware *New* 3DS XL. I have the file nccginfo.bin on my SD card (64gb Samsung Evo UHS-1), but after going into Godmode9 and choosing the file, I do not have the option for NCCHinfo or generating XOR files. The
boot9.bin is in the /boot9strap folder on my SD card.

Please help! I want to convert many NDS to CIA, and doing it manually on the system would take too long.

Last edited by XC-3730C,

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
I just got back into 3DS after many years, and just performed an ntrboot CFW mod on my 11.6 firmware *New* 3DS XL. I have the file nccginfo.bin on my SD card (64gb Samsung Evo UHS-1), but after going into Godmode9 and choosing the file, I do not have the option for NCCHinfo or generating XOR files. The
boot9.bin is in the /boot9strap folder on my SD card.

Please help! I want to convert many NDS to CIA, and doing it manually on the system would take too long.

you're doing it wrong.

there is no need for xorpads or ncchinfo if you have boot9.bin and version 5.0 of the converter.

you need to place the boot9.bin in the 3ds simple cia converter folder on your desktop.
put the 3ds roms in the roms folder
then run the exe,
then choose convert 3ds rom to cia.
it will ask you to select a folder, select the roms folder, even if you dont see any files.
thats it.
Wait till it says finished. click ok.
outputed cias will be put in the cia folder of 3ds simple cia converter.

Last edited by LowEndC,

koenergy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi sorry for a dumb question. But how do I get the boot9.bin?

EDIT: nvm found it in the payload in with the button combination of Start + Select + X

Last edited by koenergy,

lyokohack

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone

I made my .cia build with Unity3D and when I run this file with Citra this is what looks like

is there a solution to run my .cia with citra ???

And thank you in advance

HE1NZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
This doesn't do anything. It can't find 3ds files in roms folder and when I choose folder anyway nothing happens.

lyokohack

Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank you in advance

I come from look your message

I use unity3D for 3DS for this cia

and I want it to work under citra but that's what it gives

And thank you in advance

Last edited by lyokohack,

Karma_1233

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I'm a complete noob with this stuff. I have no idea how this is used. With this application, can I convert a .3ds to .cia using only my PC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: That way