Hacking Rejecting IOS56

Blazer1216

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently acquired a scrubbed back-up of Metroid other M. When I go to start it up with Gecko, it's telling me I need IOS 56 to run it.
I've tried installing the IOS by .wad, a few different versions of Dop-Mii, and I've even gone and got the .wad with NUS by myself.
I must be overlooking something, anyone got any insight? Or maybe an alternative solution?

I'm running Wii Menu 3.2U
and that's all the info I can think to put up

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
If you're on 3.2U I would imagine it isn't just IOS56 you would need, as far as I know IOS56 is from 4.3. You can always just go through ModMii and it will guide you through the installation and provide you with the downloads for whatever system you want to go to, I would recommend 4.2. It should update all your IOS's aswell. That should hopefully fix it.

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Blazer1216 said:
I've recently acquired a scrubbed back-up of Metroid other M. When I go to start it up with Gecko, it's telling me I need IOS 56 to run it.
I've tried installing the IOS by .wad, a few different versions of Dop-Mii, and I've even gone and got the .wad with NUS by myself.
I must be overlooking something, anyone got any insight? Or maybe an alternative solution?

Update to latest HBC, bootmii@boot2, bootmii@IOS. Make nand backup.
http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios236
https://code.google.com/p/dop-mii/downloads...P-Mii%20v13.zip
Under DOP-Mii select IOS236, then select IOS, BC, MIOS menu and install latest IOS56 without any patches.
After that try game again.
If it won't work post syscheck v2.0.1 report here using forum spoiler tag.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Like Luke_c said about your ios's by all means update them but you dont have to update your system menu at all if you dont want too! The new ios's will work fine under 3.2 just remember to leave ios30 alone.If you use the latest Dop-Mii you should be fine it will tell you what system menu and the ios it uses.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Blazer1216 said:

You are getting some kind of error when trying to install IOS56? I'm trying to read between the lines here, as you are not saying what the problem is. How is anybody supposed to help you like this?

Also, if you wouldn't use a crappy release, the update partition would be still there, and Gecko OS could install the IOS directly from disc.

Blazer1216

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating my system menu and all that other hubbub from ModMii did the trick, thanx luke_c!
yaywii.gif

c:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/