Reinstall homebrew channel with online updates disabled (startpatch)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Sephiroth23, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Sephiroth23
    OP

Sephiroth23 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2016
    So my friend had homebrew channel installed then used that startpatch crap to disable region lock and online updates. Everything was fine for a while but then the memory got reset. Now he has no homebrew channel or startpatch, he cant do any update because he disabled them and he cant use letterbomb to reinstall because it also requires online connection. I'm trying to help him but I ran out of ideas. Any suggestions?

2. portugeek

portugeek GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    Did he block ALL online connectivity, or just online updates? Because blocking online updates only stops the Wii from updating via Nintendo's official server, it doesn't disable the Wii's ability to connect to the internet. Letterbomb should still work.

I'm not sure to what extent his memory was reset, but if it was similar to a factory reset then he also needs to make sure his Internet Connection settings are configured. If not, then it would explain why he's not able to get online with his Wii. Also, he should make sure that his date and time are accurately set since that would effect him finding the Letterbomb message.

Last edited by portugeek, Jan 30, 2016