Hacking Regular Wii games?

skullkid94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my friend hacked my Wii U for me with Haxchi using Mocha CFW. Version 5.5.1. Loading games from HDD. I was wondering if I could also play regular Wii games from that HDD? Its 500gb so I could partion it if needed.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to play games from that same HDD, you have to load the official Wii Virtual Console versions of the Wii games that you downloaded from Wii U USB Helper and installed with WUP Installer. If you want to do conventional USB loading on vWii, you have to use a separate USB drive.

Reactions: skullkid94

skullkid94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to play games from that same HDD, you have to load the official Wii Virtual Console versions of the Wii games that you downloaded from Wii U USB Helper and installed with WUP Installer. If you want to do conventional USB loading on vWii, you have to use a separate USB drive.
Thank you! Would that other drive be formatted that same way? And where can I find vWii?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! Would that other drive be formatted that same way? And where can I find vWii?
The second drive you'll use with the vWii should be formatted as FAT32. That's where you will keep your Wii games in the /wbfs/ folder. You'll be able to load those games using a USB loader like CFG Loader MOD. You can access the vWii by clicking the Wii icon on the Wii U home menu, and you'll need to install the Homebrew Channel on the vWii to get started.

TomandJonna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The second drive you'll use with the vWii should be formatted as FAT32. That's where you will keep your Wii games in the /wbfs/ folder. You'll be able to load those games using a USB loader like CFG Loader MOD. You can access the vWii by clicking the Wii icon on the Wii U home menu, and you'll need to install the Homebrew Channel on the vWii to get started.

Hi and sorry, but I'm a newbie as well and this is exactly the stuff I'm trying to research (unsuccessfully thus far). I have a few questions, and if there is a guide that will answer these Qs I'm all in...just point the way, but I've not yet found one so have been trying to piece this together with that. I thank all of you experts for sharing your knowledge for it is not easily gained to be sure and I do appreciate it very much...humbly & sincerely...Tom

OK: So this is where I am...Wii U on 5.5.2, but WITH wonderfully working Haxchi, IOSU, and Homebrew. I've been piecing together the Wii U portion of stuff and am now comfortable with things...I'm using a Wii U formatted HDD for storing all games as time allows (which is going well). Now to my trouble...my vWii also has Homebrew with a few things in there, but I'm lost as to how to get my games properly onto the FAT32 HDD (have the drive and it is waiting on me to figure things out). I have a mixture of ISO and WBFS Wii games (ROMS?). My plan is to convert the ISO files to WBFS game files (less space needed), load them onto my FAT32 second HDD (which I can then plug in and leave plugged in??), use this same HDD for my GameCube ISOs, and then play the games on my vWii from the HDD.
Q1: Could someone either point me to a thread on how to do all of this properly, or
Q2: Could someone walk me through this? I've read this thread and there are some programs I need to get familiar with to be sure, but the steps just aren't here for my eyes to see.

Again, I humbly appreciate ANY help someone might be willing to give this old guy...MOST humbly & sincerely...Tom

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my friend hacked my Wii U for me with Haxchi using Mocha CFW. Version 5.5.1. Loading games from HDD. I was wondering if I could also play regular Wii games from that HDD? Its 500gb so I could partion it if needed.
The hard disk used on the Wii U is formatted in a special way that can't be used by homebrew apps on the Wii channel. You would need a second hard disk and use the UStealth app to make the 2nd hard disk work on the Wii channel.

But there are 27 Wii games available from the eShop:

Donkey Kong Country Returns
DONKEY KONG JUNGLE BEAT
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Lost in Shadow
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Super Sluggers
Metroid Other M
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Pandora's Tower
PIKMIN
PIKMIN 2
PokePark Wii Pikachu's Adventure
Punch-Out!!
RESIDENT EVIL 4 Wii EDITION
Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Sin & Punishment Star Successor
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Paper Mario
The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
Trauma Team
Wario Land Shake It
WARIO WARE SMOOTH MOVES
Xenoblade Chronicles
ZACK & WIKI QUEST FOR BARBAROS' TREASURE

Those can be installed via WUP Installer onto the hard disk setup on the Wii U so you could keep a single hard disk.

But if you wanted different Wii games you would need to use a homebrew app on the Wii channel like WiiFlow/WiiFlow-Lite, USB Loader GX etc to play the Wii games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.