Hacking Region

Anarki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys

Sorry if this has been gone over multiple time but I haven't been able to find anything that matches my situation.
Here's the deal: I got a chipped japanese wii as a present, I have no idea which chip is installed and there is no way of
me finding out (except opening the wii... which i don't want to do). The Wii is capable of playing NTSC-J games and NTSC-U
games however I don't think it is possible to play pal games. I have tested ntsc-u gamecube games only and they work fine.

I successfully downgraded my wii to 3.2J (twilight hack, homebrew channel, IOS etc.) what I want know is if it is possible for me
to change the language of the wii to english and gain access to the shop channel without changing the actual region for games?
I have tried any region changer but just get errors. I tried wii region changer 1.0 with some success, the language changed but the shop
channel remained japanese and it screwed up my ability to play some games. When changing to the PAL region the settings became unusable.
If I did change to the PAL setting would I be able to play legit pal games or does it not work that way with modchips?

Alright I better stop thinking up questions....

Thanks in advance!

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Get any region changer, run it, set ALL the region settings to USA. Now let it run. The menus should now be in english and the shop channel should be the usa version.

Anarki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cheers for the reply mate but like I said, I haven't had much success with any region changer... I'll give it another shot though...

Edit: It starts of okay but then after the first part i get a message identifying as sv error! ES_ identify (ret = -1017)
but it continues to do something...

Edit 2: Then at the very end it says error! ES_ OpenTitleContent (ret = -1026)

Any advice appreciated...

ashimonovits

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just experienced the same error...

I have PAL Wii 3.2E

Help!!! I want to change my wii's country code so I can download tracks for Rock band 2!
wacko.gif

Anarki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the suggestions guys. I tried to use Qleaps mod. It went through the whole process with no errors, is it supposed to remove temporary files at the end? But when I reboot to wii menu, nothing has changed... everything is still in japanese........whats going on?

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the top half is the wii area settings and second half is system menu
for the top section once you change the settings you need to select save then select your required system menu and select go

Anarki what exactly do you want to achieve?

and yes it should remove temporary files as they are temporary
tongue.gif

Anarki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh snap... I haven't been pressing save... I thought that was just so you could revert later...

Ideally I would like to be able to change my japanese wii so that all its functions are in english (menus, settings, shop, weather etc.) but keep the region the same. Is this at all possible? If not would my wii play retail PAL games if i fully changed the region to pal?

Thanks so much for your time.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
in a nutshell if you set english on a jap wii you will still get jap text i tried that lastnight
smile.gif

if you do a full region change you should have full function of a pal wii as my pal wii booted jap games fine when i changed.

yeah i bummed out on the save thing first time also and semi bricked lol.

and you can select to install the starfall patches also when its changing

Anarki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wow it actually worked! Everything is in english
biggrin.gif

But the shop channel doesnt want to work... I get so far then theres an error: 205958
anyone know of a work around?

Anarki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I set it to 110 for the UK. Apparently I'm supposed to:

"The only workaround is to enter the shop using the region it is set to, delete your shop account from the Shop Settings menu (Which will delete all titles associated with your account!), change your region, and re-enter the shop."
-http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Talk:AnyRegion_Changer

But I don't know how to navigate to this setting since my original region is japanese...
anyone know how?

shredman

Trophies
XP
Country
Remove Wii Shop Channel Account

All activity on the Wii Shop Channel is tied to your Wii console. This includes records
of your transactions, downloaded software, Wii Points and other information you
provide via the Wii Shop Channel.

To clear information from the Wii Shop Channel, including records of your
transactions and rights to downloaded software, access the Wii Shop Channel, select
the Settings option and then select Remove Wii Shop Channel Account.

Bottom right is the shopping guide and just above that is settings

The bottom option (there should be only 2) is the remove shop account

SHREDMAN

Anarki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
managed to find that option thanks but now when i try to put in the serial code, i get an error 206651... Is there a special way to input the serial? Spaces or anything? Do I include the last number, the one in the box?

Anarki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
managed to find the wii serial by using the back up disc... strange how the serial on the side of the wii was wrong. So now my wii is all english!
biggrin.gif
thanks for the help guys. One Last question though, is it safe to have wii connect 24 and the standby connection on? Or could this update my wii?

cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse