Region freeing WADs

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Nekkoru, Feb 12, 2010.

Feb 12, 2010

Region freeing WADs by Nekkoru at 12:52 PM (662 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Nekkoru
    OP

Newcomer Nekkoru Newbie

Poland
    So apparently, Freethewads doesn't work for me. It certainly didn't allow me to play NTSC-U games like Final Fantasy for the NES and the Earthbound inject for the SNES. I ask you then: what should I do now?

I have a PAL Wii and I would like non-PAL games like Final Fantasy to work on my Wii, preferably without changing the region of the whole system.

2. damysteryman

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    Not too much you can do there...

They're blackscreening due to a video mode conflict.

Try to launch the channel via Gecko 1.9.3.1, and force the NTSC video mode, or you'll have to use AnyRegionChanger to change your video mode to NTSC, but this would affect PAL games.

You could also try looking into waninkoko's custom nandloader, and his nandloader injector, but his nandloader won't work with newer vc / wiiware games.

IMO, it would be best to just play NES and SNES games via emulators instead.

3. Nekkoru
    OP

Newcomer Nekkoru Newbie

Poland
    Forcing NTSC through Gecko doesn't work. I don't really want to change my entire video mode to NTSC, so let's put that as a last resort.

Any other ideas?

4. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    You could try triiforce (-mrc). That way, you can change the setting on the wiiware itself (eg. forcing NTSC-output on the NTSC wiiware).

Technically, it's not really "on your wii", though (triiforce sorta emulates the wii from a dumped nand).