Hacking Region free

noon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've searched and searched and have only come up with mixed results and loosely worded instructions. Is it actually possible to make your wii region free and play imports without having to patch the ISO before burning and from the disc channel?

I've tried the preloader Region free wii discs/wii games_* hacks with no such luck. Preloader's instructions say try the region free wii games_* hacks but doesn't mention the Region free wii discs hack. But according to the preloader hack wiki these hacks are one in the same -> http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks#Re..._Free_Wii_Discs. I've only tried these 3 all on or all off, I think i'll try not checking the Region Free Wii Discs and instead only try games_* but that'll have to wait a few hours before i can..

Has anyone gotten this to work with the same apps/versions as I? 4.1U, cIOS rev14, cIOSCORP 3.2, preloader 0.29. Also, I don't see how AnyRegionChanger would work because you can't just choose "Region free" AFAIK, if this is a solution please let me know

soopa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have 2 wiis right now 1 on 4.0 and 1 on 4.1 and the 4.1 will not let the region free work for some odd reason
however the 4.0 works like a charm pal and jap versions work in disk channel

I tired for hours and the 4.1U will not let region free work so all I did was install neogamma R7 and set to force ntsc

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can't get 100% region free on disc channel.

If you have a not japanese Wii but want japanese games, some of them won't work(need language patches).

If you have a japanese Wii but want to play US or PAL games some won't work(need country string patching, Punch Out is one example)

If your tv/cable combination doesn't support both PAL and NTSC, you will get either black&white playback on import games, or half import games just won't work.

And this is assuming the region free hacks of preloader do their "best". (If you get the game detected in the disc channel, the only question left is which video mode is used to start import games, the correct one(black&white on bad tvs) or the wrong one(half games won't work).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.