Hacking Region free homebrew?

Baphomet

Homebrew Justice Warrior™
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Hi,

Can I play a retail JAP Wii U disc game on an EUR console?

Pretty much just commenting to back-up what Chakratos has said. DDD works fine for this, you don't even need to enter an invalid IP. I only have a small collection of Japanese games but all 7 (one required a small bit of fiddling, the games fault... not DDD's) ran with no issues.

Yeah but I want to play online with my JAP SSB4 game so...

I've never tried doing this. Wouldn't be surprised if online play wasn't possible. Although, unlike games run in Loadiine, when you press the home menu using a disc booted-up using DDD, the actual name of the game appears (instead of MiiMaker etc).. and the games save to the Wii U itself. If you have success, could you let me know? :)

Keylogger

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Yes you can.
Use DDD and enter an invalid ip. Press A.
You can play every game with that.
What? How? DDD can let me play other regions games??

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

why do you want to play JAP ver online?
Because I like the JAP voices! And I also have a lot of mods for SSB4 that I use with smashexplorer and I can't get the undub patch + others mods at the same time so I want to mod directly the JAP version of the game

Baphomet

Homebrew Justice Warrior™
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
What? How? DDD can let me play other regions games??
He kinda wrote the instructions. heh.

Put DDD on your SD Card, load up DDD, insert disc (wait a couple seconds), hit A (which is the command to dump, but, will also boot the disc. No need for fake ip's or titledumper). And away you go :grog:.

If you have any problems with the game seemingly not loading after a minute or two, just eject the SD Card. I've only had it once, but, a game that checks for data on a SD Card can cause issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE