leerz

OP
Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
So as that title suggest,

I think I remember somewhere that you can use someone else's rednand?

say a U rednand for your J WiiU

P.s I searched but my connection is giving me a problems.

Thanks for answering!

Lrz

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as that title suggest,

I think I remember somewhere that you can use someone else's rednand?

say a U rednand for your J WiiU

P.s I searched but my connection is giving me a problems.

Thanks for answering!

Lrz
I don't think this is true but I may be wrong. Let's ask the redNAND master @brienj

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't think this is true but I may be wrong. Let's ask the redNAND master @brienj
Who said I was a master? I just never recommend it, unless you are a developer and really have a need for it, because it will eventually corrupt. It's not a matter IF it will, but WHEN it will.

Last edited by brienj,
D

Deleted User

Who said I was a master? I just never recommend it, unless you are a developer and really have a need for it, because it will eventually corrupt. It's not a matter IF it will, but WHEN it will.
This.

If @OP really wants to use redNAND then i guess, let him experience it. [Talking about corruption ofc]
Also @OP just test it. It will probably work.

leerz

OP
Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
Let me clarify.
Rednand for the sole reason of region changing, is it a yes or no?
I'm confident that the corruption or problem with the implementation of rednand right can be fixed.
Not gonna use rednand cos I want to, it is because i wanna know if we can region change with it. So what's that :)

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me clarify.
I'm confident that the corruption or problem with the implementation of rednand right can be fixed.
Not gonna use rednand cos I want to, it is because i wanna know if we can region change with it. So what's that :)
All 3 CFW'S (Haxchi, Mocha and rednand) are region free. So the real question is what are you trying to accomplish here?

Reactions: leerz

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Let me clarify.
If you just want RedNAND for region-free, no, you don't need RedNAND for that. RedNAND is useful to people that want to change system files on their Wii U without fear of bricking their real NAND, but if you use CBHC, you are already modifying system files on your real NAND and taking a risk.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me clarify.
Using someone else's NAND was reported to be almost working. I don't think anyone tried cross-region. It's doubtful that you can get the donor copy to put on SD though (unless you have a friend with the right one) because it would be too easy for the recipient to go online with mods and get the other person banned.

Nonetheless, as people get better at restoring systems using a hardmod, someone brave might be willing to try booting your NAND files via redNAND if you want to send it to them to test.

leerz

OP
Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
If you want to change game language, use Spiik. redNAND wasn't supposed to play games.
That's cool, Didn't saw that one.

bw, the Menu will still remain Jap, just patches internally right to make it seem to be the region of choice. Right?
It changes region and language in RAM. The System Menu is excluded by this change, so, whenever you go back to the system menu your original region and language will apply. Some other system apps like SYstem settings might not boot because they are not excluded. In that case is just a matter of turning off your Wii U, or going back to HBL to disable everything, before going system settings.

so I guess that answer to the question is

Yes, but not advised - due to rednand corruption issues (but we've yet to see a rednand corruption compendium thread)

so I guess Spiik is indeed a good solution,

tell me if I'm wrong about my understanding
1. Jap Wiiu
2. wup install a Us game (it won't boot)
3. Run Spiik
4. ???
5. Profit

although we could probably get contended with the Jap menus if this procedure work.

Thanks

Lrz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...