Regarding Swiss for Gamecube

Discussion in 'Nintendo GameCube' started by JoshChichon, Dec 14, 2011.

Dec 14, 2011
  1. JoshChichon
    OP

Newcomer JoshChichon JoycieC

United Kingdom
    Hi, just a few questions regarding Swiss.

I've been experimenting with Gamecube homebrew and whatnot lately, I've been using Swiss a lot to do what I need and I've been wondering if anyone could help me out by telling me exactly what the "Install" feature on Swiss does. I've tried looking at FAQ's for Swiss and I've found nothing regarding the "Install" bit. So as you can see I'm at a loss here so hopefully somebody could fill me in on this.

I've been using my recently acquired BBA and PSO to boot Swiss and other loaders up, using a PAL GC.

I've noticed in some user videos on Youtube, I see they're using the NTSC version of Swiss, I assume it automatically boots into whatever mode your Gamecube is booted in, but there are several options that the PAL version does not have (Setup being one of them), though this could simply be preference of the author to use different names for the same things, but I'm not sure, I've seen users with different revision numbers at the top, still using the NTSC version, though I can't seem to find an updated version for my PAL GC.

Also, would anyone know if it truly is beneficial to actually load Swiss on the Wii instead of the Gamecube? apart from maybe having 480p (Since I don't have the cables for my GC) I can't find much else to be different, though everyone seems to be doing it on their Wii instead of their GC (I assume because the GC is harder to use Homebrew on, with the need for a BBA and other materials etc)

Any information regarding these things would be very much appreciated, thank you.

2. infact

Newcomer infact Newbie

Germany
    i will try to keep this short:

"install" in swiss is named a bit misleading and was meant to copy the entire disc as an iso file to the sd card or hdd. -> should be named "rip disc"

there are no pal and ntsc versions of swiss. swiss will just tell you what video mode you are using.
    the latest official version can be found here.

you can boot up swiss with any method (pso, modchip, action replay, sd media launcher, ...)

i don't see other reasons for running swiss on wii, as the ones you already found out.

hope this helps.