Regarding Samba SMB with Geexbox

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by djdynamite123, Nov 21, 2008.

1. djdynamite123
    OP

djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

Banned
    Sep 21, 2008
    Redcar, England UK
    Can anyone help me to test SMB on Geexbox, mplayer wii no problems there [​IMG]

But how do i get geexbox samba working....?

Code:
    f you want to use shoutcast/icecast etc., remember to set long blacklist or short white list in GEEXBOX/etc/netstream. Better still, just define a few netstreams pointing to the broadcasts you desire and disable shoutcast/icecast scan. The reason for this is because every broadcast url obtained by GeeXboX from scanning the server is saved in Wii memory as a playlist file. Thousands of such small files soon eat up all available space. For uPnP shares over lan, avoid exporting huge and complex directories.
    Code:
    Network shares (NFS/Plan 9 shares must be added manually before boot, uPnP shares are auto-discovered and mounted after boot, Samba/Windows shares can be used either way)
    HTTP/UDP/RTP/RSTP network streams (Shoutcast, Icecast, LAN unicast, Multicast and VOD) (addresses manually defined before boot)
    How do i get this to work? I need help putting the line into GEEXBOX,etc/netstream im sure it's not the same type of line as mplayerwii, please help anyone who knows.

2. zerof

zerof GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 5, 2008
    United States
  3. djdynamite123
    OP

Banned
    Sep 21, 2008
    Redcar, England UK
    cheers for that, ill have a look, has anyone tested geexbox SMB? i would like to compare to mplayers..

4. Slimmmmmm

Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

Nov 1, 2007
    the land of lol
    Add orb in your list too Dj, it uses the internet channel to wifi to your pc for media.
    I've tried it a while back, as far as I remember it wasn't great on big files, but that may have changed, worth looking into.

5. djdynamite123
    OP

Banned
    Sep 21, 2008
    Redcar, England UK
    slimmmmmm, ORB is rubbish, the quality is really bad, thanx though, iv'e already tested that on opera.

6. goku21temp

goku21temp GBAtemp Regular

Oct 11, 2008
    United States
    you need the lan-adapter as wlan doesn´t work under geexbox

7. djdynamite123
    OP

Banned
    Sep 21, 2008
    Redcar, England UK
    does it not? hmm I'm sure it allows wireless [​IMG]