OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the moment i have a:
3.2U (originally 3.2J) modded wii.
its got homebrew channel, anyregion changer, starfall, a bunch of wads, etc.

In order to use the shop channel and a few of the other channels, it says i need to use wiiconnect24,

my question is:
will reading the EULA alert nintendo of any of my current wads/mods/etc.?
also, i have read if you read the EULA and update the shop channel, you can lose access to installing future wads and etc.

also:
did any of you read the EULA?

please help.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, I have updated and downgraded like 3 times this month, between 3.2 and 3.4, and I have like 2 or 3 VC games installed (wad manager obvious) and nothing have happened to the Wii, I still can acces to all of them and the internet channel and everything works great, "N" knows (or at least I think they know) what you have in your system, but they aren't concerned in taking that things out of your system, they are working to stop and prevent this happens again in other system, that's why the updates every 2-6 months, but you can also use the WiiShop installer found at wiibrew.org if you don't feel like updating and downgrading...!!!
smile.gif

P.S. YES I had read the EULA

Hawtie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if i read the EULA is it possible that they can detect my mod chip, programs, etc and ban usage of their internet services (shop/news/weather/etc. channels?)

i'd like to get more feed back.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
they can......but they haven't done that to anyone, you can read the EULA even if you don't have a Wii, on the "N" page do you know that..?? what you mean is if you agreed with the EULA, and as I told you, I still use all of what you say, but if you are afraid just don't use homebrew, or don't use WC24, simple...!!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy