Hacking Regarding DSiWare downgrade method & NNID restoration

clancy94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I want to downgrade my New 3ds (on 11.1) using my old 3DS (on 11.1 luma). Anyways I'm reading Plailects guide on the DSiWare downgrade and in "Section VI - Restoring 3DS #1" it says "Then System Transfer from 3DS #2 back to 3DS #1 (remember you cannot transfer back from a New 3DS to an Old 3DS)".
So does this mean I am unable to restore a working NNID without contacting Nintendo?
If so does Nintendo restore NNID's without question? And would they do it a second time? (Would like to downgrade my friends N3DS XL too).

I also have a New 3ds XL running on Luma, would it just be easier to use that as I can system transfer back after 1 week?
And when I do the system transfer back after 1 week does the newly hacked 3ds have no NNID? Or is it automatically assigned one?

Thanks in advance :)

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Never did system transfer before, but from what I read Nintendo FAQ.
NNID can be link and unlink. Before you're doing downgrade, you should unlink NNID from your console.
The game you bought while you linked with NNID will be keeping and be able to redownload after relink.
But, preload bundle games & the games which bought before NNID linked on 3DS #2 will be lost.
except if you can dump title key from 3DS #2 before hand. Or may be it will be merge with 3DS #1? Not sure about this.
For 3DS #1, preload bundle games & the games which bought before NNID linked will move to 3DS #2.
But, I think it will restore after 3DS #1 got restored NAND. You can also dump title key from 3DS #1 as another back up.

clancy94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Never did system transfer before, but from what I read Nintendo FAQ.
NNID can be link and unlink. Before you're doing downgrade, you should unlink NNID from your console.
The game you bought while you linked with NNID will be keeping and be able to redownload after relink.
But, preload bundle games & the games which bought before NNID linked on 3DS #2 will be lost.
except if you can dump title key from 3DS #2 before hand. Or may be it will be merge with 3DS #1? Not sure about this.
For 3DS #1, preload bundle games & the games which bought before NNID linked will move to 3DS #2.
But, I think it will restore after 3DS #1 got restored NAND. You can also dump title key from 3DS #1 as another back up.
Thanks for your input :)
Would like some feedback from someone who has done a DSiWare system transfer though & who successfully has NNID's working on both consoles involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Thanks for your input :)
Would like some feedback from someone who has done a DSiWare system transfer though & who successfully has NNID's working on both consoles involved.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-oras.444075/
This guy is the person who do DSiWare system transfer & successfully has NNID's working on both consoles.
Although I'm not sure that his both consoles was link with NNID before downgrade or not.
Also, he has a problem of consoles identity which make both consoles can't see each other in Pokemon ORAS.

achuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The link of console to nnid is on Nintendos server side so even formatting the console to unlink won't change their records. This is why you either need to wait a week and transfer back or ring them up.

If I were you and didn't want to ring Nintendo do the downgrade using the hacked n3ds and wait the week then just create a new nnid on the freshly hacked 3ds as it'll be formatted after the sys transfer.

Hope this helps a bit :)

Last edited by achuk,

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
The link of console to nnid is on Nintendos server side so even formatting the console to unlink won't change their records. This is why you either need to wait a week and transfer back or ring them up.

If I were you and didn't want to ring Nintendo do the downgrade using the hacked n3ds and wait the week then just create a new nnid on the freshly hacked 3ds as it'll be formatted after the sys transfer.

NNID has its own option to link/unlink console, which unrealated to system formatting.
That's what I found from reading FAQ.

Edit:: After some research. I'm sorry. Look like I misunderstand how NNID works.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/69072952
The way to unlink your NNID without losing anythings is calling Nintendo
http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/175018/how-to-unlink-my-nintendo-id-from-the-3ds
Or, create EmuNAND without NNID and transfer from EmuNAND instead (Not sure if it's work)

Last edited by nechigawara,

achuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
NNID has its own option to link/unlink console, which unrealated to system formatting.
That's what I found from reading FAQ.

Edit:: After some research. I'm sorry. Look like I misunderstand how NNID works.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/69072952
The only way to unlink your NNID without losing anythings is calling Nintendo
http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/175018/how-to-unlink-my-nintendo-id-from-the-3ds
Yeah I've done a dsiware downgrade successfully so researched heavily before beginning :)

clancy94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

So if you do the system transfer from original hacked 3ds to newly hacked 3ds you can't just create a new NNID on the original 3ds? But you can on the new one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done it a few times. Like someone else said, the NNID is linked serverside indefinitely without another system transfer or calling Nintendo. The BEST way to do the DSiWare downgrade and keep both NNID intact without it messing you up is to have TWO NNID linked serverside and ONE linked on the system since you can only have one anyway. If you format, create a new NNID and transfer, then restore your NAND backup on 3DS#1 you ARE 100% able to sign into your original NNID on the same console assuming you used the target 3DS original NNID as well.

My friend was able to sign back into his NNID AFTER the transfer to his DS as well (meaning his was linked serverside to my faux NNID as well as his normal one) He can sign into both on the same console after formatting. You can only use ONE at a time though.

RECAP: YES, you CAN have two NNID linked to your console on the server but only ONE in use on the console at a time (unless you format each time to switch).

Last edited by Majickhat55,
Reactions: achuk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/