ReFOOD doesn't work - Might have installed it in the wrong order.

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Mid-Airs, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Mid-Airs
    OP

Mid-Airs Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2019
    Australia
    I installed ReFood via AutoPlugin, and I've checked everything to see if they're all correct. The Ur0:tai/reF00D.skprx is there in the config.txt, (the O's are Zero's) as well as the keys.bin file. The one thing I did notice is that the reF00D.skprx is before nonpdrm.skprx in my config file, while others have it the other way around. It said to install NoNpDrm first, and unfortunately, I think I installed it after reF00D. Is there a way to uninstall reF00D, or can I just swap the order in the config.txt?

(the game I'm trying it on is the Nonary Games, and I've installed the compatibility packs for it, but it still doesn't work)

2. kaymynd

kaymynd GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 19, 2018
    United States
    You don't need to download the compat packs with refood, it should work by just downloading and playing the game.

I think compat packs were used with repatch before refood was out.

As for the lines in config.txt, yea you can manually switch them through vitashell.

Last edited by kaymynd, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Mid-Airs
    OP

Mid-Airs Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2019
    Australia
    Yep, figured that out about compacks. I switch the text out successfully, rebooted, but unfortunately, I'm still getting a C1-6703-6 error. (I also get the area with the compacks, without reFood) not sure if the issue is with the game or reFood :/

EDIT: Update, I re-installed the game and compack, just to give it another go, 999 mode works fine but virtue's last reward just crashes. Someone else had a similar issue, which they fixed with reFood, but unfortunately reFood still refuses to work for me.

Last edited by Mid-Airs, Jun 2, 2019
  4. RikuNoctis

RikuNoctis GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2018
    Japan
    Millenium Castle Brunestud
    You can use compatibility packs and reF00d together; the plugin is made to not load if you have a compat pack for the game.

Are you using NoNpDrm? Are you using reF00d's latest version?

Check if the compat pack you are using is the correct one for that game and FW. As you know, compat packs were made by FW, and they may crash the game if it isn't the correct one. That said, you don't really need the compat packs if you are using reF00d (unless you want your games to load faster by a tiny amount, that is).

Last edited by RikuNoctis, Jun 2, 2019
  5. kaymynd

kaymynd GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 19, 2018
    United States
    Delete the compat packs and reboot, it should work with just nonpdrm and refood plugins. I just tried it out and got it working, good luck!

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted