Hacking RedNAND newbie questions.

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, and in the case of DLC using a fake ticket on an eShop title. Its still the same method, it still uses the same software to obtain and install it, its just a fake ticket that an unpatched system will refuse to install.

Jesus I wonder about some people on this forum.
Brazilian method IS NOT installing softwares or DLC or Update

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, and in the case of DLC using a fake ticket on an eShop title. Its still the same method, it still uses the same software to obtain and install it, its just a fake ticket that an unpatched system will refuse to install.

Jesus I wonder about some people on this forum.
Brazilian method IS NOT installing softwares or DLC or Update
Really, so would installing DLC using fake tickets be a thing if the Brazilian method didn't exist?

The Brazilian method worked out how to use legitimate tickets to install titles onto your USB HDD. A short while afterwards it was worked out how to create fake tickets to allow us to install whatever we like.

Its still the same method using the same process.

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, look at 3DS scene, they haven't brazilian method. They can install games, dlc, not-signed stuff...
And that's a really nice strawman right there.

3DS is not relevant to this discussion so I ask you again, would we be able to install using fake tickets if the Brazilian ticket method had never been released?

Using fake tickets came as a direct result of the Brazilian method and separating the two is just confusing.

C0mm4nd_

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
3DS is not relevant to this discussion so I ask you again, would we be able to install using fake tickets if the Brazilian ticket method had never been released?
Yes, sysConfigTool, official ninty software can install unsigned stuff... Everyone can subscribe to Ninty Dev Portal so...

And btw Wup Installer was coded BEFORE the Brazilian Method

Last edited by C0mm4nd_,

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, sysConfigTool, official ninty software can install unsigned stuff... Everyone can subscribe to Ninty Dev Portal so...
And you just lost. Someone who scrapes the bottom of the barrel for an answer rather than admitting the truth loses by default.

I just love how you claim that using fake TICKETS is somehow entirely unrelated to using legitimate TICKETS. Its pure gold to be honest.

C0mm4nd_

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
And you just lost. Someone who scrapes the bottom of the barrel for an answer rather than admitting the truth loses by default.

I just love how you claim that using fake TICKETS is somehow entirely unrelated to using legitimate TICKETS. Its pure gold to be honest.
Do you know at least the difference between legit & fake tickets?

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, sysConfigTool, official ninty software can install unsigned stuff...
Please, correct me if i'm wrong, but sysConfigTool can't install unsigned stuff unless you have sigpatches. And, the Brazilian method is as follows
  • Download content with some sort of NUS grabbing tool.
  • Grab a ticket and place it in the contents.
  • Install using any form of title installer.
The method itself never states that a legit ticket is required, just states that one is required. SigPatches could be a factor, it could not. The Brazilian method itself is just installing a dump with wupinstaller.

Reactions: Dungeonseeker

C0mm4nd_

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
Not entirely but I do know it has something to do with a numerical range stored in the tik file. A certain range is legitimate while outside of it is fake.
Range? Kidding me?
Basically, Nintendo encrypts and signs all their softwares (and DLC, Updates too)
This sign says to console "User XXXX bought this software. His console id is XXXX His NNID is....."
Obv a tik from another console won't work.
Disks have universal tik right? They can be played from all consoles.
Brazilians said: "Let's try to put Disk tik into the same title but eShop"
It worked. This is Brazilian Method

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
Please, correct me if i'm wrong, but sysConfigTool can't install unsigned stuff unless you have sigpatches. And, the Brazilian method is as follows
The method itself never states that a legit ticket is required, just states that one is required. SigPatches could be a factor, it could not. The Brazilian method itself is just installing a dump with wupinstaller.
What's alarming is @C0mm4nd_ has a CBHC FAQ thread active. Bad avcide here is bad advice but bad advice there could mean bricks.

Last edited by Dungeonseeker,
Reactions: iAqua

C0mm4nd_

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
sysConfigTool can install unsigned content by default... Devs use it for trying their softwares. When they tried all they send software to Ninty, Ninty signs the software, send it to the eShop et voilà.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
sysConfigTool can install unsigned content by default... Devs use it for trying their softwares. When they tried all they send software to Ninty, Ninty signs the software, send it to the eShop et voilà.
By unsigned, do you mean an app with an invalid tik?

C0mm4nd_

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
Nope, can't. I know, it just can't. You need sigpatches. I've literally tried stuff with fake tiks, doesn't work.
Of course you need sig patches for installing unsigned tiks... but Dev consoles have them by default (think it's factory mode or something similar)

If Nintendo gave signed sysConfigTool tiks to devs, they could install unsigned software but can't run it

Last edited by C0mm4nd_,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol