OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Perhaps it isn't enough for you to know that Firefall -- Red 5 Studios' first release -- is full of guns and jetpacks? Would it help if you knew that the lead designer was also headed up Tribes? Ahhh, good! Firefall is a "team-based action shooter" featuring "hundreds of players" completing objectives and battling to the death in a "dynamic open world." And, frankly, it looks great.

The title is free-to-play and relies on an in-game marketplace for profit. We might normally balk at such a monetization system, but we were thoroughly impressed by the game's debut gameplay trailer, not to mention the pedigree behind Firefall. If you're as enticed as we are, you'll be glad to know that Red 5 is accepting applications for the game's beta starting right now.

Source
Video
Official Site

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For some reason my laptop doesn't want to play the videos, but the screens don't look too bad. A MMOFPSRPG + being free to play perks up my interest a bit. Not stoked about the in-game market using real cash, but that might (probably not) be a trade-off I'd be willing to make for free-ness of the core title. Hope it doesn't suck...

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Looks good. Thoroughly enjoyed Borderlands and this has JETPACKS?!

Oh yes.
cool.gif

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
actually.... seems like any other ordinary shooter / 3rd person.

Just because it has jetboots doesn't make it any better in my opinion. I'll be enjoying Borderlands + TF2 more than this... for sure. Specially since if it has a marketplace ingame, whoever buys the most expensive stuff will be better than the rest.

but let's wait and see

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1