Hacking Question Recovery Mode doesnt work

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Guys.
I bought an RCM Jig, but my switch wont boot in the recovery menu.
I have it inserted in the right side, and pressed the + and powerbutton, but it is still booting normaly.
Any Ideas ._. ?
Whats_App_Image_2018_05_20_at_00_47_40_1.jpg

Whats_App_Image_2018_05_20_at_00_47_40_2.jpg

Whats_App_Image_2018_05_20_at_00_47_40.jpg
What is your switch model?

DavGerm4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, I had to bend the paperclip out a little toward the pins, when it slides down. That way, you can feel them make a "sort" of connection to pins 1 and 10.

Reactions: Neo127

JimmyK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It took me a bit to get my 3d printed jig to work. One thing I noticed was one of the paperclips I was using was getting horrible resistance readings somewhere around 30k ohms. I used another paperclip which was around 17 ohms. So the paperclip itself "may" matter (hopefully someone with more knowledge can confirm or deny this). Also I had to play with the paperclip in the jig itself and took around 10 boots to get it right. After I got it though its booting every time.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My jig doesn't work either... and people say to short pins 9 and 10, not 1 and 10... Who's correct? Because only 9 and 10 seem to work for me.

I heard that both 1/10 and 9/10 works.
Pin 9 becomes grounded when the Joy-Con is inserted into the Switch. This is where bentpinhax essentially came from. Connecting pins 9 and 10 on the Switch won't work since pin 9 is not grounded. However, pin 1 is always grounded, Joy-Con or not.

MadonnaProject

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guy, I think I am able to get the switch into recovery mode (because when I press the volume and power button the menu doesnt come up even after 2-5 seconds) however when I connect it to the PC, the switch menu comes up and boots normal mode. When I press "do your thing" on the web loader page it starts into the normal switch mode also.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope...