Gaming Recovering data

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so long story short, somehow a hard drive lost it's petition, and I had to repartition it and quick format it just to get it to show as a drive. The data should still be there as both things took a whole 20 seconds or so to do. Not enough time to wipe the data.

I'm currently running a program called Recuva right now. Quick search found nothing, and the deep search will take a while. I've never tried to do something like this before, so I have no idea if it will find anything or not. Any suggestions on programs to recover data with that might work well in this situation?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have not had to do a partition recovery for a quite some time (at least outside of a raid array) but http://www.easeus.com/partition-recovery/ and some of the other software there did OK for me when I did. I am not entirely sure how well it will do in your situation though (I had not yet "restored" partitioning when I came to it).

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, Recuva worked. I can't believe it did since quick search found nothing. After 2 hours of scanning and 3 hours of copying the files to my harddrive, then another 3 hours of picking through them to find the important things, I've recovered the files. Thanks for all the suggestions though. I'm going to grab some of those programs in case I ever need something more advanced in the future.

easycrashing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep a backup from now on
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/e7BTm5WxMlw?si=YB0d6BWQ9YsaherL