Recover SD after corruption

mlwxrk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Tried updating some atmosphere files and somehow my SD card got corrupted. I can't remember, but I guess it was exFAT. I managed to recover most if not all of the files using testdisk. I reformatted the card to FAT32 and put the old recovered files on it, managed to get into CFW and see all my old games and settings, but whenever I try to launch anything it prompts an error "could not start the software. please try again from the HOME menu". This error also shows when going to the album icon for homebrew apps and even physical game cards. I'm assuming some files are corrupted beyond repair, but could there be a way to pinpoint which those are and replace them without losing all my games and saves?

Thanks!

mlwxrk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Backup the saves via jksv and start from scratch instead of trying to figure out which files are broken.
Any way to comfortably get rid of all games and their saves after I backup the saves? I can't seem to find a way to factory reset the switch and trying to install over the new games causes errors.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Your saves are on the internal memory (NAND) so if you reintall the games, all your save files will be there.
So just remove the games and install them again.
If that doesn't solve your problems, reinstall the CFW and sigpatches again.
If something is wrong with either of them, you also get those 'cannot start software' messages.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh sorry about that