Hacking Recover Games and Save files after hacking?

Monochrome Twist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently set up my 3DS with Menuhax and emuNAND, so I was wondering if there is any way after having formatted my sysNAND and emuNAND is there any way I can reverse what I've done and recover my save files and to have the games downloaded from the eShop reappear on my Home screen?

I was recommended to install SaveDataFiler but afterwards I have no clue as to how to even get my purchased games to reappear let alone get my save files operating again.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You should've made an SD backup before you formatted the card. Once they're gone, they're gone. If you link your NNID with your emuNAND, you'll be able to redownload any purchases, but there's no way to acquire your save data.

Monochrome Twist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should've made an SD backup before you formatted the card. Once they're gone, they're gone. If you link your NNID with your emuNAND, you'll be able to redownload any purchases, but there's no way to acquire your save data.
Yeah, I did make a backup of my saves from my SD card on my Desktop. I'm able to repurchase games and have even tested this out, but the saves are what are really important.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I did make a backup of my saves from my SD card on my Desktop. I'm able to repurchase games and have even tested this out, but the saves are what are really important.
Did you format both emuNAND and sysNAND? If you only formatted one, you can just put your backup back on the SD Card and everything will be in place on whichever you didn't format.

Eg, you downgraded the system, made the SD backup, setup emuNAND, then formatted emuNAND. If you then restored the SD Backup, all your games and saves would show up on sysNAND, but not emuNAND. If you formatted both, I don't think you can use the data in the backup...

Monochrome Twist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you format both emuNAND and sysNAND? If you only formatted one, you can just put your backup back on the SD Card and everything will be in place on whichever you didn't format.

Eg, you downgraded the system, made the SD backup, setup emuNAND, then formatted emuNAND. If you then restored the SD Backup, all your games and saves would show up on sysNAND, but not emuNAND. If you formatted both, I don't think you can use the data in the backup...
If I remember correctly I downgraded, made a backup, formatted the emuNAND, put everything back on the SD card, and nothing showed up on the sysNAND or emuNAND. My sysNAND hasn't seen any changes since I downgraded to 9.2. This is on N3DS by the way if that helps.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I remember correctly I downgraded, made a backup, formatted the emuNAND, put everything back on the SD card, and nothing showed up on the sysNAND or emuNAND. My sysNAND hasn't seen any changes since I downgraded to 9.2. This is on N3DS by the way if that helps.
Did you do anything different to this process?
1) Downgrade system
2) Backup NAND
3) Backup SD Card contents
4) Format emuNAND partition
5) Format emuNAND (to unlink NANDs)
6) Restore SD Card contents

That's exactly what I did on my N3DS XL, and that's kept everything I bought on sysNAND. If you've formatted sysNAND, something you can try is restoring your NAND.bin and putting the contents of the SD card back on.

As a side note, make sure you aren't merging two folders in the Nintendo 3DS folder. If the contents of those folders is altered, I don't think the 3DS recognises any of it. Check your backup and if the folders inside the Nintendo 3DS folder are the same, delete it from your SD before copying the files back. Not sure if I've explained that properly, let me know if you don't understand any of what I've just posted ^^"

Monochrome Twist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you do anything different to this process?
1) Downgrade system
2) Backup NAND
3) Backup SD Card contents
4) Format emuNAND partition
5) Format emuNAND (to unlink NANDs)
6) Restore SD Card contents

That's exactly what I did on my N3DS XL, and that's kept everything I bought on sysNAND. If you've formatted sysNAND, something you can try is restoring your NAND.bin and putting the contents of the SD card back on.

As a side note, make sure you aren't merging two folders in the Nintendo 3DS folder. If the contents of those folders is altered, I don't think the 3DS recognises any of it. Check your backup and if the folders inside the Nintendo 3DS folder are the same, delete it from your SD before copying the files back. Not sure if I've explained that properly, let me know if you don't understand any of what I've just posted ^^"
I didn't backup the NAND after downgrading, outside of dragging and dropping everything onto my desktop, so I guess that's where I messed up.
I only backed up the emuNAND which was much later in the process after the games were already 'gone' from the home menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Ah shit, here we go again. I ain't represented Grove Street in five years, but the...