Recommendations?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Blaze163, Aug 12, 2010.

Aug 12, 2010

Recommendations? by Blaze163 at 9:49 PM (1,735 Views / 0 Likes) 28 replies

1. Blaze163
    OP

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Here's the deal. My least favoured aunt is visiting over the next few days, as such my gaming implements are more critical than ever before. This is the real thing. This is what they've been trained for. The problem is that during this training, I've damn near finished most of my games. Here's what I have and their status. My DS is fine, I have DQ9 to be getting on with, but my PSP needs some attention.

- Soul Calibur Broken Destiny. It annoys me, it plays dirty, my review really laid the smack down on it, but I can't bring myself to delete it.
    - Sonic Rivals. Have every card thus finished the game 100%, no reason to stay.
    - Dragoneer's Aria. It's crap. 'nuff said.
    - LocoRoco. Wierd and wonderful, but I can't play it for longer than a few minutes without risking my intellect 'cause it's too damn wierd. Will keep it around for burst play.
    - Harvest Moon HOLV. Slow as all hell compared to FOMT, but worth keeping around I guess.
    - Sid Meier's Pirates. Much as I love it, I've finished it so many times it's not even funny. Perhaps time to retire it.
    - Tales of Destiny. Not even tested it yet, finding it difficult to get in to RPG's right now 'cause FF8 is pissing me off.
    - Metal Slug Anthology. I love this game but damn does it drain space. Nearly 800MB. Would love to get the UMD to free up said space...
    - Silent Hill. Downloaded it to prove a point to my brother, never actually started it.
    - Parodius. Damn this game rules. Hard as hell though. Or maybe I just suck at it. Probably the latter [​IMG]
    - Brave Story New Traveller. Suffers from RPG Can't Be Arsed Yet Syndrome. Looks good though.
    - Fat Princess. Story mode doesn't work. Suggestions?
    - Wipeout Pulse. Kinda lost interest.

I also have a 1GB card but the files on there are good to go for the moment, except maybe Symphony of the Night since I've finished it.

So my questions are as follows.

1) I don't plan to play Dragoneer's Aria again 'cause it blows. What's a good replacement for it?
    2) Should I delete Soul Calibur or not? It annoys me but it's oddly addictive. Like taking Speed. [​IMG]
    3) Ditto for Sid Meier's Pirates. And Wipeout. And Silent Hill.
    4) Are either of the RPG's I've yet to stat worth starting? Any problems with them I should know about? Any good?
    5) How do I fix Fat Princess?
    6) Is there a way to further compress Metal Slug without affecting gameplay? It's already in CSO format.

2. MLRX

Member MLRX GBAtemp Fan

United States
    there is a eur ripkit for it that brings it down to 349Mbs

3. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    Will said rip kit affect gameplay? I was told that compressing these things to such small sizes tends to F them up in the long run, causing them to slow down, etc.

4. FlashX007

Newcomer FlashX007 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I been wondering what good PSP games there are too. What are some good PSP games? I have a 8GB SanDisk Memory Stick and I want to know what I should play on it. I been meaning to try out the PSX and N64 and GBA emulators as well.

5. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    Persona 3 Portable. RPG Dungeon crawling game with some sim-like game in it.

EDIT
    By any chance is the Destiny 2, Tales of Eternia?

6. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    Destiny 2 is Tales of Eternia, yes. But I never found a working ISO of it. They're always corrupt. Good thing I finished it on UMD years ago.

Downloading a new version of Ace Combat Skies of Deception. My old file was 750MB and slow as all hell. This one is closer to 350MB, so I'm hoping it might run at a reasonable speed 'cause I loved ACX and eagerly await the sequel at the end of the month.

Didn't know there was an N64 emulator for PSP. Does Lylat Wars work or do I have to wait for the 3DS?

7. FlashX007

Newcomer FlashX007 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I dunno my friend told me there was a N64 emulator. I do not have my PSP until next week so I cannot be 100% sure. I will see if I can find a link or something.

8. MLRX

Member MLRX GBAtemp Fan

United States

there are the good games like tekken 6 and then the must haves like half minute hero.

Must Have
    -------------------
    Tetris
    Half-Minute Hero
    Patapon
    Patapon 2
    Persona 3 Portable
    Metal Slug XX

9. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    No, its not. Stupid US localized Eternia as Destiny 2 when the tittle has no relations with Destiny 1. Japan did release a sequel to Destiny 1 called destiny 2 which is on PSP but only released in JP. You can still find it as english on the ps2 i believe.

10. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    I wanted to post a youtube clip of Wayne saying 'I was not aware of that' from Wayne's World, but I couldn't find one [​IMG]

Edit: Huh. Wierd. The new version of Ace Combat X Skies of Deception seems to be running at full speed. Dunno what was hacked out of it to get rid of 400+MB of it, but it seems to work. It sometimes plays sound effects that don't belong, like voice clips from later levels in the middle of a briefing, but whatever. I know the story anyway.

11. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    It's because it's either had content removed and relinked in a crap manner (which means i personally wouldn't trust it as who knows what might be relinked to what) or it's just a bit dodgy. I always go the more sticks method rather than the compress/rip alternative.

12. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile

13. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    It seems to be working well enough, so unless it gives me any serious technical issues it can stay. Afterburner Black Falcon does something similar in that the music seems to cut out every now and then, but since it doesn't directly affect playability I ignore it. The music's shite anyway so I generally put some of my own music on instead.

14. xist

United Kingdom
    Well i'd suggest Jeanne D'Arc and Jak & Daxter the Lost Frontier but for the fact i know you're on a space budget and they're both big games...

15. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    Well, I could delete Sid Meier's, Silent Hill and Afterburner. That would give me about 1GB.

EDIT: All a bit academic, really. Every bloody link I click is dead. Christ I knew the PSP was slipping in popularity but when you can't even steal stuff any more because the scene's so badly supported there's real problems.

16. xist

United Kingdom
    I think both are bigger than that (Jeanne D'Arc may not be...been a while since i played it)

Have you tried Il Sturmovik?

17. overslept

Member overslept WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD

United States

Which one are you saying is the better one?

18. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    Shattered Memories obviously.
    Origins is crap.

19. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    It's neither, it's the PS1 original in eboot format. It's supposed to be a classic but I just can't be arsed with it.

Quick question. Does Star Ocean First Departure work on 5.50P, and is it worth downloading? I'm a fan of that sort of battle system but it seems pretty steep. Over a GB. I can manage it, but is it worth it?

20. megawalk

Member megawalk The Legendary SRW Addict

Netherlands
    List....
    Phantasy Star Portable 1
    Disgaea 2 Dark Hero Days (Pretty Awesome!)
    Bleach Soul Carnival ? Fuses Fighting with RPG (And some CHIBI =D)
    Alundra PSX EBOOT (If you like zelda games)
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 is out next month...
    Persona 3 Portable is awesome!
    Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's tag force 4 (if you really have no clue)
    Armored Core 3/Silent Line/Last Raven Portable
    BlazBlue Calamity Trigger Portable
    Puzzle Quest (IS BEAST)
    meh..Super Robot Wars but i don't think thats something for you...
    i don't know more yet....
    maybe Rock Band Unplugged...but...that'll be a bad recommender considering Rock Band 1/2/3/Etc