I own this desert, bitches!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I have pretty much stopped playing with my laptop, I used to play DotA a few months back, but now Im mainly playing with my Wii. I have played (and tried) WoW, Cabal, LOTRO, RoM, HoN and most of the F2P MMORPG's. Id like to hear some suggestions from the 'Tempers. Something that would run on Amilo Pi 2530.

Thanx in advance!

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dysan said:
if you're still into MMORPGs I suggest allods online.

Grinding for hours on end to get to level 8 is amazing...
nah.

If you're looking for an MMO specifically, what do you want from it? PvP or PvE.

For PvP, Ragnarok Online is pretty old and any computer can run it well. It still has one of the best PvP setups to date, mostly due to an insanely good amount of character customization. Official servers however, suck. They're basically 95% bots. But there are a ton of amzing private servers to play on for free anyways. Also actually getting into RO PvP is fairly overwhelming. It takes a very long time to 'master' it. This isn't WoW where you slap on the best gear and rotate skills, far from it.

For PvE...I dunno. I don't particularly like PvE so I never really played an MMO for it. I'd say Champions Online would be a good choice. I had a blast with it outside of PvP. (which was really bad and is worse these days). Though i'm not sure how well it'll run. The graphics aren't exactly mind blowing, but yeah.

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
what's wrong with allods?
It's one of the few free MMOs that don't require grinding to level up and I also think it could be the best free MMORPG out there and yes,I've played runes of magic

hells malice,if it took you hours to get to level 8 then you're not doing it right

theraima,just go to a site like gamerankings and choose to see each genre's best games or something like that.
if you liked dota then try league of legends

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This thread requires more Minecraft.

If you don't play it, it's your fault alone.
biggrin.gif

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dysan said:
what's wrong with allods?
It's one of the few free MMOs that don't require grinding to level up and I also think it could be the best free MMORPG out there and yes,I've played runes of magic

hells malice,if it took you hours to get to level 8 then you're not doing it right

theraima,just go to a site like gamerankings and choose to see each genre's best games or something like that.
if you liked dota then try league of legends

Hahaha what? Did we play the same game?
Maybe they boosted the rates 1000x since I last played, but it tooks hours to level and I wasn't even over level 15.
It was a gigantic quest grind.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I looooooveee grinding i can put my brain to off when the setup is right. Thats why everquest was the best mmorpg for me. When you are grinding you can actually chat (you know socialize?) with guild and teammates and still keep progressing. In Everquest 2 you can still grind but with much less reward.

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I am still taking suggestions from everyone. I am kinda starting to think that my laptop is getting a bit old too, like the graphics card etc. Rift seems cool but it wont run on my laptop..

Genres.. FPS, MMORPG mainly.

rikuumi

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Theraima said:
I am still taking suggestions from everyone. I am kinda starting to think that my laptop is getting a bit old too, like the graphics card etc. Rift seems cool but it wont run on my laptop..

Genres.. FPS, MMORPG mainly.
If you're looking for f2p MMORPGs I recommend DDO or RoM. If you are ready to play a subscription fee WoW is the best choice.

Black ops is a great FPS but I also recommend some source games like DoD Source and TF2. TF2 is one of my favorite FPS games of all time! And it's only like 10€ (paid 8€ for mine about 1.5 years ago)

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd say go to www.perfectworld.com
Most of their MMO's have fun gameplay, and look graphicly very nice. I'd suggest playing Perfect world International, Jade Dynasty, HotK and LOMA.

For others, I'd suggest Guildwars, but it need to be bought... Maplestory, but it takes ages to lvl.. Grand Fantasia, For shooters i could reccomend Wolvenstein ET or BF heroes.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mabinogi (by Nexon) is my favorite MMO (and it's free,), you should check it out. Odd thing is, it's more fun than most p2p MMO's and is definitely one of the more polished f2p games.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Commenting on suggestions:
Runes of Magic is pay2win, and boring. Uses the typical "gear+skill rotation=skill" formula. Would probably also kill your laptop anyway.

Perfect World games are alright but Perfect World itself feels VERY dated. I couldn't stand the combat. It was terrible. Appearance customization is good though. Forsaken Worlds seems like PW but updated, but it'd kill your laptop I think. Not to mention they're determined to go through 900 closed beta phases before launch.

Mabinogi...yeah. It's more of a casual/social game. I despise the combat system. It's bland and annoying more then anything. But social aspects of the game are fun, and it has some interesting systems in place.

I'd stick to FPS though.
Team fortress 2 and Counter strike source are honestly the two best multiplayer FPS out there. CSS for more serious/realistic FPS playing. TF2 for more hectic, fast paced teamworking multiplayer.
Both are cheap and neither require much to play. CSS in particular has very low requirements.
TF2 seems to be going strong with updates, and both have huge playerbases. (CSS in fact, is the most played game on Steam, even beating CoD:BO by a lot).

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
Commenting on suggestions:
Runes of Magic is pay2win, and boring. Uses the typical "gear+skill rotation=skill" formula. Would probably also kill your laptop anyway.

Perfect World games are alright but Perfect World itself feels VERY dated. I couldn't stand the combat. It was terrible. Appearance customization is good though. Forsaken Worlds seems like PW but updated, but it'd kill your laptop I think. Not to mention they're determined to go through 900 closed beta phases before launch.

Mabinogi...yeah. It's more of a casual/social game. I despise the combat system. It's bland and annoying more then anything. But social aspects of the game are fun, and it has some interesting systems in place.

I'd stick to FPS though.
Team fortress 2 and Counter strike source are honestly the two best multiplayer FPS out there. CSS for more serious/realistic FPS playing. TF2 for more hectic, fast paced teamworking multiplayer.
Both are cheap and neither require much to play. CSS in particular has very low requirements.
TF2 seems to be going strong with updates, and both have huge playerbases. (CSS in fact, is the most played game on Steam, even beating CoD:BO by a lot).
So do I, but I'm more of an anti-MMO person anyway, there are very few I actually like. Very, very few.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.