Hacking Recommend a legit R4 card

Crabbas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I need help finding an R4 for the DS. Or even an R4i, anything that is legit really.

a link to a good site to buy a legit one would be much appreciated. Any help would be great.
nayps3.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you really want an R4i, then choose either the R4iDSN or the R4i Gold. Both are Wood-compatible, and are from hard-working teams (the 2 teams used to be together. Before they split, they were the first team to break the DSi 1.4 update's flashcart block).

BaaBaaBooey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I ordered the R4i Gold from Lightake. Not here yet but it's marked as being shipped. Gonna pair it with a 8GB micro sd. Had an original R4 and it worked flawlessly with all Wood firmwares. Hope this one doesn't disappoint.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
"R4" is not a generic term for flash carts, but many clones call themselves some R4 variant because they know that the average person doesn't know any better.

You have three choices for carts that have proper support/updates.
[*]The original R4.
NOT "R4-III Upgrade", NOT "R4-SDHC", NOT "R4i NDSLL", NOT "R4 Red", NOT "R4 King"...
NOT ANYTHING ELSE WITH "R4" IN THE NAME! JUST "R4 Revolution For DS".
  • Price: ~$6
  • Rank: The cheap card for somebody that just wants to play games on a DS/Lite.
[*]Acekard 2i
  • Price: ~$16
  • Rank: Mid-range card for people that want to play games on a DSi/XL with some extra features.
[*]Supercard DSTwo
  • Price: ~$35
cardchart.gif

• DS / DS Lite
    The card will work on an original (fat) DS or a DS Lite.
  • DSi / DSi XL
    The card will work on a DSi or DSi XL as well.
  • Game Updates
    Firmware updates are what let cards play newer games, these are the life-blood of the card.
  • SDHC
    SDHC refers to SD cards larger than 2GB (gigabytes). If there's no SDHC support, you can only use SD cards up to 2GB.
  • WiFi Update
    The Acekard 2i can update it's cheats (and get minor bug fixes) over WiFi without having to connect to a computer.
  • Clean Mode
    The DSTwo has special features to ignore AP in most games, letting you play them without having to wait for a firmware update first.
  • RTS
    The Real-Time Save (Save State) function lets you save and reload your game progress at any moment you wish.
  • In-Game Guide
    You can pull up text files and images in-game, in order to check a walkthrough or map you downloaded at any time during a game.
  • Slow Motion
    The card lets you slow down the game speed as you wish.
  • In-Game Cheats
    The card lets you create and modify cheats while the game is running.
  • Special Homebrew
    The card has multiple pieces of special homebrew, such as it's own GBA and SNES emulators, as well as text/PDF reader and video player.
  • Battery Life
    Unfortunately the DSTwo's extra CPU and RAM (which give it the special features) eat into the battery life a bit.

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
"R4" is not a generic term for flash carts, but many clones call themselves some R4 variant because they know that the average person doesn't know any better.

You have three choices for carts that have proper support/updates.

The original R4.
NOT "R4-III Upgrade", NOT "R4-SDHC", NOT "R4i NDSLL", NOT "R4 Red", NOT "R4 King"...
NOT ANYTHING ELSE WITH "R4" IN THE NAME! JUST "R4 Revolution For DS".
  • Price: ~$6
  • Rank: The cheap card for somebody that just wants to play games on a DS/Lite.

Acekard 2i
  • Price: ~$16
  • Rank: Mid-range card for people that want to play games on a DSi/XL with some extra features.

Supercard DSTwo
  • Price: ~$35
That was pointless, he didn't ask what was a good card to get he just wants an original R4 not some R4SDHCPIECEOCRAPULTRAIIIGOLDi

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Read more than the first sentence of his post, please.

He tosses in the idea of an R4i and then assumes it's "legit".
i assumed he meant like the R4i Gold which is semi-legit

edit: and he's clearly a noob and doesnt realize that only the original R4 it the only totally legit one

JakePsycho

gold~king~house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought my r4 from realhotstuff.com on, hmm was it Tuesday? Yes, and it came today, works fine, free shipping
laugh.gif
and only for 9 bucks
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...