Hardware recharging using induction

mr. fancypants

that´s ´Sir´ for you!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i just found a really neat gadget for the 3ds, a recharger which makes use of induction so no wires anymore.

but now my question is is it possible to charge the 3ds using induction and charging the 3ds using the 'old' recharger? or will that combination break my 3ds?

btw

this is what I mean by induction recharger

http://www.r4i.com.de/induktion-ladestation-fur-3ds.html

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's just a battery with some extra hardware, so I assume it should work, but I would seriously advise against trying both at the same time. It may overload it or something.
Note: not speaking from experience or anything, just an educated guess.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The induction charger directly charges the battery, ignoring the hardware load cutoff switch built into the 3DS charging port circuits.

If you like to fry your 3DS, go ahead and plug in the standard charger and use the induction charger at the same time.

If you don't want to fry your 3DS extra crispy, use one method or the other.

Reactions: Veho

mr. fancypants

that´s ´Sir´ for you!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thanks for the advice

to be honest, i think that a *cough* crispy 3ds isnt the thing i want

anyway i was just wondering what would happen, also i am not plannig to buy it. it's nice to have but a little bit too expensive to buy it and (eventually) do nothing with it

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
but now my question is is it possible to charge the 3ds using induction and charging the 3ds using the 'old' recharger? or will that combination break my 3ds?
If you use both at the same time, it could fry your battery (and maybe the rest of the 3DS as well). You can use either/or, that should be fine.

The induction charger directly charges the battery, ignoring the hardware load cutoff switch built into the 3DS charging port circuits.
Is the cutoff switch inside the 3DS, or is it built into the battery? Some Li-ion batteries have the charging regulation built into them.

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Might be in the battery. I haven't taken apart the official battery to tell you that.

Fuses are on the board, pic locations listed below.

13637557873663117600.jpg

Reactions: Veho

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Good to know, thanks.
I tried searching for 3DS battery cross sections and disassembly, it didn't occur to me to try the other route :shy:

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Go buy an extra capacity and then try putting it in the 3DS charging cradle and then try asking that question out loud to yourself and you will immediatedly know why you shouldn't even bother with that why post.
http://au.ign.com/articles/2011/04/08/nyko-power-pak-and-charge-base-for-3ds-review

...try not being a dick

edit: because why add another offtopic post?
This thread is not even 2 pages yet, can YOU stop being a dick and read the first post. The induction charging pack is the same shape and dimensions as the nyko power pak.

recap:
>OP asks about inductive chargers that let you sit a 3ds on top of a charging pad
>somebody asks a legitimate question about why this is more convenient than using the included charging cradle (this battery is for original 3ds, original 3ds included charging cradle - not xl though)
>you tell him not to even bother posting because *unrelated extended battery remark* *think before you post* *doesn't fit in charging cradle*
>i point out that you're acting like a dick and link to the most popular extended battery for orig 3ds (which includes a cradle)
>you point out that one item is the same shape as another item - *relevant level: 1000000*

so yeah, i'm gonna quit responding because this helps nobody

Reactions: McHaggis and cearp

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Dueler

Trophies
Website
dueler.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I just don't see the point, trying to use 2 types of charging at the same time seems like a silly move.
3DS units came with a perfectly good point to point charge cradle anyway.
Not to mention it only needs to charge for 1-3 hours max, is it really worth risking your battery to shave off an hour?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.