Hacking Recently updated my Wii to 4.3 (NTSC) and now getting cIOS stub messages...

Zhelkus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently updated my Wii to 4.3 (I'm from the USA) and now I get messages on my Configurable USB Loader that look like "the game couldn't load, the ios is a stub". I was able to run a few games by setting the IOS to "222-mload". (Recalling all this by memory cuz my Wii is turned off)

I suspect it has something to do with the update removing waninkoko's IOS 249... but how do I restore it? And what else was removed?

Solution
When you update your wii to 4.2/4.3+, cios222, 223, 249 are replaced by non-functional stubs. Hermes v5 now makes out the version # to prevent this, which you must have since you still have cios222. You must reinstall wani's ciosX to fix your issue. If you still have the HBC you can simply run the ciosX -r20 installer. When you load the installer, use ios250 to install. If the wii is online install from network, if offline you must place the base wad of your cios in sd:\ and install from wad. You also must pick which base ios to use. Ios57 is possibly the best, but it has some limitations with music games. Ios56 is very similar to ios57, but it has the most comparability and can play most if not all games, the choice is your, I use...

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When you update your wii to 4.2/4.3+, cios222, 223, 249 are replaced by non-functional stubs. Hermes v5 now makes out the version # to prevent this, which you must have since you still have cios222. You must reinstall wani's ciosX to fix your issue. If you still have the HBC you can simply run the ciosX -r20 installer. When you load the installer, use ios250 to install. If the wii is online install from network, if offline you must place the base wad of your cios in sd:\ and install from wad. You also must pick which base ios to use. Ios57 is possibly the best, but it has some limitations with music games. Ios56 is very similar to ios57, but it has the most comparability and can play most if not all games, the choice is your, I use ios57.
If you do not have the HBC you will need to reinstall it. You can load the installer via disc exploit, you could load a Multi-Mod Manager disc via usbloader and launch the install from MMM, you could use an installed forwarder if you have one.

Once you reinstall your cios, your issue will be resolved. Also, don't forget to reinstall priiloader as your system update has removed it. You may also wish to install a patched ios80 to trucha enable your system ios.

Also, you should be able to load your usbloader with ios250 until you get cios249 reinstalled.

Solution

Zhelkus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TYVM mauifrog!

I just installed cIOS 249 with base 57 like you suggested and it works perfectly. you da man!

I got the cIOS Installer Xr20b package from filetrip:
http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=12411
I guess it's the right one.

Playing Sonic Colors right now with 249 on CFG from a FAT32 partition and I'm loving it. Thx for the quick answer and sorry for the delayed response.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/7EHimfmhrok?si=xpxDoYFxnBtuAR7P