Received R4i SDHC Clone; Can't return; Need working kernel

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by RedFlaggWaving, May 31, 2015.

1. RedFlaggWaving
    OP

RedFlaggWaving Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2015
    United States
    So I got this R4i SDHC RTS Lite ("2015") card from http://www.r4gateway.com/, and I loaded the latest kernel from r4i-sdhc.com, and the screen I got said the card was fake. I sent an e-mail back to the retailer to request a return, and I have not received any response after about a week.

All I need it to do is run a program to fix a white screen on my genuine R4i SDHC RTS Lite (Same label, except says "New" instead of "2015") card that I got a couple years ago. So, I decided to try loading other kernels to see if I can at least load an nds file on it. I was able to get it to do something else by loading the Romachine 1.62 kernel, but it said to upgrade the hardware. I seem to have no way to do such thing, so I think what I need is an older version of Romachine to get this to work. I could not get Wood R4 or YSMenu to work, as they just gave me a "Menu?" error screen.

Any other suggestions of kernel would be helpful.

2. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    There are no genuine R4i cards. Which website is written at the sticker of the new card?

3. RedFlaggWaving
    OP

RedFlaggWaving Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2015
    United States
    WWW.R4iSDHC.COM is what is silkscreened on the PCB. What do you mean there are no genuine cards? Are you saying R4 and the firmware is entirely fake?

4. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    The first R4 team made a card that read only MicroSD cards (not SDHC which means not more than 2GB) and the card lost the support of the official team after half a year. It's not compatible with the DSi/ 3DS. Every other card wich supports SDHC or DSi/3DS are from brands that kinda stole the R4 name.
    Obviously you have to download the latest kernel from r4isdhc.com, not r4i-sdhc.com.