Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The name escapes me >.<
But you should know what I'm talking about. I'm looking for a case/shell/whatever that will be somewhat easy to install, not too expensive, and has buttons that function perfectly.
A brand+a place to order it would be awesome.
I want something different than my Black DSL, just to look awesome. Probably something see-though.
Sorry if I'm being too vague, but yeah all the help that I can get would be awesome
yaynds.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I ordered mine clear translucent from DX, and mixed it with official Polar White case, and I had no problems that aren't usual or known!

I'd recommend you to check thieves review/guide and watch for DXs cases....you should be fine with those..

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rumour has it that thieves like us will even perform the install for you for a small fee if you're feeling leary about breaking your system.
happy.gif

trust me when I say that if you feel that this is something over your experience level. STOP! I've already fixed 3 systems for members because they felt that they could perform the shell swap themselves and ended up messing up things beyond repair.

no names will be mentioned, but the last system that I just fixed required replacing the following:
- wi-fi antennea and lead (broke the connector end off of the wire by trying to pull the wire under the slot-one package using a pair of pliers, ripping it off)
- lower lcd display touchscreen (the touchscreen ruined trying to remove the coloured frame)
- pc board (destroyed the small flexible ribbon connector clip for the touchscreen)

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Strongbad007 said:
Swip said:
Are they all quality cases? I really don't want to buy something and have it be less functional than my current case, or missing a part of something.s
Those cases are the best quality and come with the most parts.
They even have the printed FCC crap on the back, to make it look like a real case. But the only thing bad is that they just give you a screen cover with a white border even though it should match the color of the case (blue or pink).

And unless you have experience working with electronics, I suggest you pay someone else to replace the case for you.

Thanatos19

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I myself was going to buy the Lime Green one but wimped out and bought the Camouflage DS replacement case from DX. As I've heard from numerous places they seem to be the best of the ones out their right now though apparently Shock cases have gotten better. (No proof I've just heard it from some communities)

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
Shock! cases are still total crap. i mean total garbage. Molding is all jacked up and its far from 1:1. The DX ones are good although i hate DX.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Hey thieves, how much did it cost to repair that?

PS. I don't agree with thieves, I am NOT experienced at all with these kinds of things, and I did it fine. What you have to keep in mind is, nothing should have to come out with FORCE, and make sure you follow the guide CLOSELY, and don't panic ever, just take a break, think it over. Proceed CALMLY, and SLOWLY.
considering that I did it as a favor, I really didn't charge what I should have. the problem is that broken systems on ebay are going for a lot more than they used to and you don't really know if what you win can be of any use until you receive it.

word to the wise:
don't bid on anything that has the words water damage in the auction (although, in my case that wasn't mentioned for one of the systems and I didn't know until the system turned up). 50usd wasted. only the wi-fi antenna, microphone and wi-fi package were salvagable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool