Rebooter does not work on 4.1?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by SumAznGuy, Sep 25, 2009.

Sep 25, 2009
  1. SumAznGuy
    OP

Newcomer SumAznGuy Newbie

Australia
    I just updated my wii to 4.1U and cIOS 38 rev13a and i'm using startPatch for disc update blocking. When i tested my PAL copy(retail copy) of Warioland the shake dimension through the rebooter on GeckoOS, when i go to the disc channel it just says unknown disc. Fortunately, the game does still work through direct booting into the game.

Is there any way to get the rebooter working? Its just me but i like using the rebooter [​IMG]

SumAznGuy

2. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I think you need to use DOP-IOS to patch IOS36 with the trucha bug and es_identify.

3. SumAznGuy
    OP

Newcomer SumAznGuy Newbie

Australia
    I just tried it just then, Rebooter still doesn't work [​IMG]

Anybody else got any ideas?

4. nicksasa

Member nicksasa GBAtemp Maniac

Belgium
    use cios 38 rev 14 and use the latest version of geckoos, if that doesnt work try neogamma, that rebooter should work

5. richy

Newcomer richy Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I've not quite got the same problem but I'm also looking for any reason why the rebooter option in WiiGator's Backup Launcher 0.3g and NeoGamma doesn't seem to work properly since I updated from 3.3E to 4.1E. I've tried using DOP-IOS to download a patched IOS36 and it hasn't made any difference.

Basically the rebooter option allows the backup discs to show in the Disc Channel but I get the black screen with "An error has occurred..." message if I try and run them. I've not used it for a while because it was broken in some of the recent cIOS249 revisions but rev14 apparently fixed the rebooter so after installing it and updating from 3.3E to 4.1E I thought I'd try it again.

It's not a major problem since they'll load fine if I don't try and use the rebooter option but I'm just curious why I get the error message? I'm assuming I need either need older or trucha patched IOSes but I'm not which ones in particular. I tried using a much older version of cIOS249 and just get exactly the same problem so the issue is definitely related to me updating the firmware (which I only did after reading all the "it's totally safe now" threads).

[EDIT] Just for clarification, I had cIOS249 rev14 installed (nothing else, definitely not CIOSCORP!) and did an update via Nintendo (not using Wanin's updater as I just wanted to get a full update without needing to patch or skip anything)