RealWnD Real Nand Dump Tool

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by vettacossx, May 9, 2009.

May 9, 2009

RealWnD Real Nand Dump Tool by vettacossx at 4:56 AM (1,411 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. vettacossx
    OP

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    Source:
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/RealWnD

Has anyone got a chance to try this yet confirm it? thanks in advanced guys!

2. wiiman123

Member wiiman123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand

3. wiiman123

Member wiiman123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand

4. TrickyTony

Member TrickyTony GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Messing with NAND seems foreign to me. Even if you dump it. How would you reinstall (flash?) it? And why would you need to other than after a brick?

5. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Only a person with a Infectus Chip could test, if it actually dumps a Usable Nand Img, But i always thought the Wii constantly writes to the nand, therefore corrupting the nand Dump when using software to dump the nand, But i may be wrong, I always thought there was a special way to properly dump the Wii Nand by using a Infectus Chip and do the DO Short, i can always double check on the infectus Website to be sure,

I would test it, cause i do own a infectus chip, but that damn thing has so many freakin solder points, i think like 15 or 16 on that little nand chip, i've never installed it, to the Nand, But if it does Properly Dump the Nand, Than it sounds like a Pretty neat program [​IMG] it may come in handy when bootmii comes out

6. pika9323

Member pika9323 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Wow awesome.
    I will make a new nand dump.

7. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Always released yesterday, so it's a little late to post it... . Anyways, I've tried it yesterday, and it worked fine...dumped my NAND directly to my first FAT32-Partition on my USB-HD, so it seems to be perfect...don't know if it's usable...maybe someone can try when BootMii is out (I think I've heard that BootMii can restore your NAND...not shure though)...