Really pleased with myself

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by WeeBabyDoll, Feb 25, 2010.

Feb 25, 2010

Really pleased with myself by WeeBabyDoll at 5:25 AM (1,237 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. WeeBabyDoll
    OP

Member WeeBabyDoll GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section - please feel free to move or delete.
    I just completed Okami tonight, played for over 50 hours. [​IMG] I love that game - one of the best wii games I have player. Visually beautiful and just overall very satisfying. I am kinda sorry that it's over now, wii miss Ammy and Issun.
    I totally 100% recommend this game to all wii users.
    Now onto Zelda...
    What are your thoughts on Okami? Love it or hate it? I hope they release Okami 2 for the wii, that would make my day.

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    It was a pretty game, but I just found it boring. More of a "oh look, this game is pretty" than "action-adventure Zelda-like game", personally. Not a bad game, but just meh for me.

3. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Fantastic game, great history, good music, a gameplay perfect for the Wii.
    My only issue with the game was the camera and some crazy bugs here and there:

4. Am0s

Member Am0s Mojo Risin

United Kingdom
    I tried this game as guild says pretty game but not my cup of coffee

5. WeeBabyDoll
    OP

United Kingdom
    I really enjoyed it, the game took a while to complete (50+ hours) over the space of about a month. Other games I have completed have usually taken about 12 to 14 hours.
    I have just started playing Zelda - Twilight Princess, I have not taken to it so far. I havent played it much and am at the bit where I am walking around the village and kids are talking about getting a sling shot from the shop and getting a crib out the the river. Does it get any better than this? This is the first Zelda game I have ever played.

6. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    [​IMG]

Yes, it gets better. Eventually you'll get a sword, shield, and be able to explore the vast world out there. The beginning is nothing really but some tutorials and prelude to the story. Most Zelda games start like this.

7. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Okami is a lot better than Twilight Princess.

8. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    That's like saying this caviar is slightly better than this other caviar. Honestly, they're both pretty great as far as I'm concerned.

9. melksnor

Newcomer melksnor Member

United States
    That's like saying games are like caviar

10. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I was disappointed by Okami. Really, I found Twilight Princess to be a lot better, and I'm not a Zelda fan at all.

11. Dante Wolfe

Newcomer Dante Wolfe Member

United States
    Your lucky I find it hard to focus on just one game like that anymore. Not because they aren't good just I get distracted... maybe I'm getting ADD in my old age or something.

12. WeeBabyDoll
    OP

United Kingdom
    I can't really play 2 games at once. I downloaded Zelda weeks ago and it was only a few days ago I started. My boyfriend was desperate to see what Zelda was like cause he was sick of watvhing me play Okami while he played on the laptop.
    But I will play tennis occasionally, aswell as other competitive games.

13. hughjass

Member hughjass GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I play RPG's and adventure games almost exclusively, as I like something I can really get lost in, I like a game to be a real experience. Problem is, these days I don't often have the time to devote to games. Right now I have a crapload of wii games I still have yet to play properly, I own just about every rpg on the 360, yet i've only played and completed a handful of them. I have folklore on the ps3 to complete too.

It drives me nuts when I don't complete a game, it's like when I buy a game (or pirate in some cases), I have to see it all the way through, and it bugs me until it's out of the way.

I still haven't played okami, keep meaning too though. There is a sequel coming out DS soon.

Twilight Princess starts off really slow, which I didn't mind, but once it gets going it's awesome and totally draws you in. I remember the start of OoT boring the crap out of me, that took a while to get going properly.