Hacking Readme FIRST before posting anything!

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol honestly what the fuck is with this thread? Zoomed in pictures of search, then circle it in red. OP you are a twat.
Do what? All too often new and old gba tempers post the exact same question that is answered in other threads. All they would have to do is read the threads at the top that are pinned. (sticky threads)
Then they would have the answer they want. And they title their threads with eye catching titles that get everyone looking to get a faster response.
Many gba temp core users have become sick of answering the same thing over and over again. And one user decided to make a thread that they could post a link to in all the over and over posted same crap asking "is this released yet"
Sadly if this thread is needed...(which it is) these users are probably going to have a hard time with the wii u exploit. I mean if they can't seem to view threads that are kept up to date I really don't know how they are going to run an exploit. I am really surprised they figured out how to put their pants on in the morning.

Azeryn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brb, I'm going to create a thread with pics pointing people at this thread so they know where to go first.

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And again people are bashing as if it's a hobby. This thread points out the exact problem a majority of users have/create here (really liked the "if you need to let steam out, don't bother" part) and now people are making fun of it. If this post is so wrong or stupid, please people go ahead, finally f'ing do your part to return this forum to normal. Until that i support this idea in full.

While i giggled a bit on this
Your intentions are good but really, your thread is very ironic, it is like printing out a 500-page book with the title: "How to read a book".
Because it's true, i don't feel anything wrong with it.

Would vote for sticky

Last edited by Jackall4BDN,

Kafluke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to make a mature post that I could direct users to when they ask questions that I know can be found in the stickies and other threads. I'm really trying to spare some of these new users from the wrath of the more immature posters.

I haven't replied to any of these negative posts because I want to try and keep the thread clean. I respect all your opinions and would love to hear your thoughts on ways to improve the original post. Please be mature and constructive with your replies.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried to make a mature post that I could direct users to when they ask questions that I know can be found in the stickies and other threads. I'm really trying to spare some of these new users from the wrath of the more immature posters.

I haven't replied to any of these negative posts because I want to try and keep the thread clean. I respect all your opinions and would love to hear your thoughts on ways to improve the original post. Please be mature and constructive with your replies.
I ran a forum for several years, and like I posted before, your thread is targeting people that don't know how to read stickies or search, so why do you think that those people will read this thread? I'm being serious. The answer is, they won't, what those type of people do is this, 1) go to forum, 2) post dumb question in a new thread, 3) don't bother to read anything else. There are just too many people that do this, and threads like this will never change that fact.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. Please tell me where to find and download images WiiU games. Particularly interested in Mario Kart 8 eur. Forgive me if I write not in that subject . Unfortunately, the search does not help. Hello from cold Russia.)))

did you try mario kart 8 eur download? btw i'm pretty sure both yours and my post might be deleted they seem to frown about asking for rom downloads around here

kind

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
did you try mario kart 8 eur download? btw i'm pretty sure both yours and my post might be deleted they seem to frown about asking for rom downloads around here
Yes, the euro. Chances are you're right on account of the removal of the post. Suddenly somebody sees my request, and write a personal message.

Kafluke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I made it for me to quote the thread link to others so there is a point. I'm sorry if this thread bothers you but again. I made it so had something to refer to. I don't really care if it get buried. I'll still use it.

All good points tho! Thanks.

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
1. Please read through the ENTIRE thread that relates to your question. The authors of these threads work very hard to keep them all updated. Sometimes their personal lives need attention and they miss an update here and there. If your question isn't covered in these stickies then post a reply in THE STICKY THREAD THAT PERTAINS TO YOUR QUESTION. If you open a new thread and your question has already been answered in one of these stickies then it will make it hard for people to feel like helping you. We really don't want to see your thread get closed or deleted. It just drives new posters away but it WILL happen if it's considered a "needless post".

Just make sure your question hasn't already been answered in one of these sticky threads and then move on to point #2.

1_zpsds6zd9ur.png

2. Try using the search functions. Just because it hasn't been stickied doesn't mean that it's not a helpful thread. This will search through the whole "Wii U - Hacking & Homebrew" section.

2_zpsdweiucf2.png

3. If you cannot find your answer in the stickies or any of the existing threads then feel free to ask this awesome community for their help. You're either one of three categories of posters:
a. A developer with the ability to make magic with coding and homebrew and are ready to share your findings.
b. A user with experience in how to get things working and wanting to help others.
c. A user experiencing roadblocks and are in need of help.
If you don't fit into one of these categories then you shouldn't be creating new threads. If you've come to complain and whine or be belligerent then don't bother.

3_zpsuvvqmdrc.png

There's a lot of good people on here that want to help. Please don't make them answer the same questions over and over.

Final note: If you still can't find what you're looking for then PM me and I'll do my best to point you in the right direction. I'm not a dev, I don't create tutorials very well, I've just followed the scene from day one. I can point you towards the real geniuses in this forum.
Can we get this stickied too, please?

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Well I made it for me to quote the thread link to others so there is a point. I'm sorry if this thread bothers you but again. I made it so had something to refer to. I don't really care if it get buried. I'll still use it.

If you are using it to link to, instead of having to re-write it over and over, then that is a good reason. But yeah, the unfortunate reality is that nobody will actually read this, until you do put it as a link to their questions.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Shouldn't you tell them to just search for this thread? That seems to be the point no?

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.