Hacking Reader for A-data 4gb MicroSDHC Class 6

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys,

After extensive research that I had done when I experienced problems using the M3 Real, I have come to the conclusion that part of the problem may be that I am using the reader sent with my M3 DS Real Perfect Bundle.

From what I have read, it sounds like that method may cause problems because it is too fast? The data must somehow become corrupt?

Anyways, it seems like I should use a different reader to transfer data with this memory card. I was wondering if anybody had any input or advice on what to do here as I feel I am not getting full potential out of my m3 real. Right now I am thinking of either going with the Sandisk Micromate for $20 (prime) shipped from Amazon or the Kingston 19 in 1 $17 (prime) shipped from Amazon. I read people were having good luck with the Micromate but the Kingston may be just a good with a few extra features.

I think both of these devices should support this memory card. I had not thought about the troubles I would encounter transferring data to and from it. If anyone has any suggestions on cheaper options, other methods, or problems that may cause these buggy things to happen, any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Digital

tguellich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use the same exact card and I had a little trouble in the beginning. Stick with the card because it is the fastest thing you can get right now, everything runs noticably faster than a Class 4. The included USB reader worked for about a week for me then my computer would not recognize it at all. I tried putting the card into the SD converter and that did not work either, on two different computers. On a last ditch effort I went to Best Buy and bought their $15 internal card reader that has a Transflash/Micro Sd slot. It has been working perfect ever since. Try that for a cheap fix.

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!

One thing that had not been brought to my attention is that this card is somewhat newer and that apparently older card readers are uncapable of reading higher capacity memory cards and/or also the fact that this is a MicroSDHC and not just regular MicroSD.

It took a costly mistake to finally realize that. Now I"m stuck with this 1gb regular MicroSD memory card that I really have no use for that I had bought for testing purposes. Fortunately, I got my GF to order the M3 Real as well so she can use that card at least! I'm a man, I need the speed!
tongue.gif

I might just go with the Kingston 19 in 1 reader. http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-FCR-HS219-H...r/dp/B00109Y2DQ
I think that should be more than enough to do what I need to! This reader seems fairly new and I do not see why it would not support this A-data MicroSDHC 4gb Class 6 card? I like the internal idea but I can also see porability having it's advantages.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Digital

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, thanks!

I had considered that one but people were ragging on how cheap it was made. I should have just ignored that and got what I needed. Besides Newegg is a great place to do business with who backs what they sell.

Originally I had thought my memory card was bad because it was not recognized by the other card reader I tried but the fact that it is a higher capacity and speed was the real problem.

Newegg nicely gave me a return on my own foolishness but it had cost me a small bundle to send it back. Oh well, a lesson learned that hopefully will help others in the future.

Thanks!

Digital

SamF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there,

I can't recommend a reader, unfortunately, but I can definitely tell you that the reader that came with my M3DS Real onlt worked for a short while. After that my PC would no longer recognize the 1gb Sandisk card I was using, if it was in the adapter that shipped with the M3DS Real. I had to use my cell phone as an intermediary.. not the best solution.
smile.gif

- Sam

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte